MCU phase 6

Also the Hulk Gene thing seems needed if we plan on getting Red Hulk for Thunderbolts.

1 Like

Xavier was introduced in DS:MoM. Professor X is a mutant. Mutants have been introduced into the MCU. Isnt America Chavez also a mutant in the MCU? :man_shrugging:

X-Men are not coming to the MCU until Phase 6 or 7

Her origin is
complicated. At least in the comics and the movie doesn’t really spell out a reason for powers.

1 Like

Just a thought, end of Dr. Strange M.o.M had Clea show up and tell Strange about an incursion he helped create. In the Secret Wars 2015 comic line, it used an incursion as a way to combine the Ultimate Universe with the main Marvel continuity. I think the tag line to the main comic was ‘only one universe will survive’ or something like that. Maybe that Secret War movie at the end of phase 6 will be a way to combine MCU with Alternate universes where the mutants exist? Maybe even bring some Movies characters they just got rights back to- Ghost Rider, X-Men, Deadpool, the Netflix shows and bring them into main MCU. Fantastic Four and Doom were a big part of that Main story too.

On the part about mutants, there is already a mutant hinted at in the last episode of Ms Marvel Disney+. So there are already mutants in the current MCU universe.

I know, I meant to say all the rest of the Mutants. It may be a way to bring the rest of the X-men or more mutants into the MCU universe. But now I think about it, America told Dr strange that variants of every person exist in each reality except her. So she is implying there is a Professor X and Reed Richards already in universe 616, but where have they been this whole time? They’ve changed things from comics to movies, I still think the incursions may be used to bring certain characters into MCU. Maybe we’ll get The Maker? Maybe they can use the incursion to get a version of Natasha Romanoff Or Steve Rogers to come back. Doubtful based on what the actors associated with those roles have said, but Who knows. It seems that with the incursions being introduced that the Secret Wars movie will be based on 2015 comic and not the 1984 comic line. Does that make sense to anyone else?

3 Likes

Disney hates Marvel fans

2 Likes

They don’t hate Marvel fans, they just aren’t getting as much money from them so they care less about them.

1 Like

Well a majority of the recent offerings have been sub par. Quality over quantity

3 Likes

I hate to say it but I hope Disney keeps losing money. They have proved they could care less about their main demographics. I mean, it is fine trying to branch out to new audiences but when it is overdone and overdone poorly
like the new Snow White and the studio heads keep sticking their nose up at their core fans, something has to give. Maybe after a couple of years of losing even more money along with stocks going down, they will sell. If that happens hopefully it would be to a group or parent company that doesn’t hate and ignore their core group of paying customers.

5 Likes

:100: with ya on that

2 Likes

So you’re upset they cast a Latin actress as Snow White? Or that the dwarves aren’t dwarves?

Oh, boy, that can certainly be taken as a loaded question, but here goes

In regard to Snow White the supporting characters are supposed to be dwarves. All of them. They are also written to be males. Nothing against women or tall people, but that’s just the way it was written. I don’t have an issue saying the casting choices are suspect when cross referencing them to the source material.

If race is going to be brought into all this, if a character is written to be white, why is there such a huge problem with so many (not all) out there that the character stay that way? I’m asking this because when someone brings up this subject, far too often there is an element out there that wants to paint them as being racist or intolerant because they question a race trade. I don’t think that is always the case. Also, let’s just be fair, Snow White is a European Fairy tale that takes place hundreds of years ago. Pretty sure it was all or overwhelmingly mostly white. Why is that a problem? Should Mulan or Pocahontas be re-imagined with different races? Of course not. There are large groups of people out there that would be upset and for very good reason. Why is that not the case for Snow White and characters like her? I’m seeing that more and more as a double standard.

I’m not saying you are part of that double standard Todd. You asked relevant question. I guess I am more of a traditionalist. If I there is a live action Emperor’s new Groove in the works I want to see Hispanics indigenous actors form the portrayed area cast in the rolls of the characters not French Polynesians. I don’t want to see Black Panther replaced with Carrot Top either. That eventual re-cast needs to go to a black man. When there is a story about Asia especially antient Asia being made, I don’t want to see John Wayne with Asian looking make up on his face gracing the big screen. I want to see Asian actors. All that sounds perfectly reasonable, so why do some people out there get questioned if they feel those same social rules should also apply to white characters and white actors?

I get there needed to be more representation in the entertainment industry. I am just more in the camp of create new/good characters and saturate them into existing markets. Good, fun, exciting, likeable characters of any race and gender will easily and quicky grow on the masses.

I also get why some not so popular characters from decades ago were re-worked. However, now I am just seeing it as being overdone at this point. No hate, just getting over done. At that point, as I stated above I would rather see new organically grown characters brought into the fold.

OK, getting back to my original point. Disney is making more garbage than anything good these days. Regardless of the race or gender of those playing the parts. White, Black, Asian, whatever, far too many stories are just falling flat or are just flat out lousy.

11 Likes

@rob92807 Well said.

3 Likes

One could also argue unless they wrote her race or skin color in the story, it’s open for one’s own interpretation. That’s the beauty of stories with just words, no assumptions, it’s up to the readers own creative mind to visualize the world and characters they’re reading about.

The bible that depicts Jesus was written in a time and location of Arabs, most if not all of the people were brown. Why do we have so many pictures of Jesus (literally all of them) as this Caucasian clean cut white male with a nicely trimmed beard? Dude was poor as fsck, likely never bathed and didn’t own a comb
 and he likely looked like the guy that’s crossing our southern border currently from South America
 I find it sad to think so many Jesus followers here in America actually think Jesus was a white dude, it’s actually frightening in fact!

Just a thought, not trying to get into any debates. That just came to mind reading this because there are huge double standards. I think you’re spot on for the most part.

I honestly think it’s okay to change fictional stories and the characters. As long as the acting is good with a decent story/plot, it’s all good to me. Interpret it how you want, who cares about the color of the skin I say. Judge and care about the acting instead

4 Likes

@agentpoyo that reminds me of the Spider-Man that focused on a young African American boy meeting spider-man. In the story he took of his mask and he was black underneath. Peter Parker Spider-Man #35 I believe. It’s what the kid had always pictured in his mind. We tend to relate characters to be like us.

But that’s the thing with this. The Grimm fairy tale was very specific in regards to this.
Snow White’s mother (before she dies) directly wished for a child as white as snow(lips red and hair as black as the wood of an embroidery frame also).
While the queen died giving birth her wish was fulfilled and Snow White is specifically described with those characteristics.
Folks can do whatever they want, reimagine it however it suits their needs, but it really isn’t an argument that it was open to interpretation or the story was never clear on the appearance of Snow White. It was a critical plot point for this tale. The entire conflict of the story revolves around “looks”.

1 Like

What if she wanted her to wear a white dress though? It could have all been metaphor’s for sure. I say let the readers interpret them how they read it, it’s just all fantasy stories

We should update these fake stories for the current times I say
 since we now live in a different reality from what was considered “good” or “okay” in the 19th century. Changing a characters race or how they look, dress doesn’t directly impact anyone’s life. If it does, you got some serious problems and perhaps need a change of priorities in your life if these types of changes impact you on a personal level.