Mercari or eBay?

I’ve sold stuff for years on eBay and have never tried Mercari. Do a lot of people use Mercari like eBay? I’m just wondering how big of a buyers pool there is on Mercari. The fees are just getting too high on eBay and I need to branch out.

I list all my sale books on both, sometimes I get more sales on eBay, like this week, sometimes more on Mercari. Seems Mercari buyers are usually later on news than your average eBay buyer so I can get higher prices on Mercari.

Fees are about the same, but I ended up doing more Mercari sales last year than eBay.

1 Like

Mercari is faster to list on, but eBay gets more people overall for comics. EBay’s payment methodology has become extremely annoying as well. They both have good and bad aspects. I will say bigger books I’d list on eBay as I have more luck with pricey stuff there.

Honestly, I’m using both a ton less and mainly use Whatnot to sell along with Facebook groups and the Reddit ComicSwap group.

Oops, I also, also sell on Whatnot. I like Whatnot but tend to sell for lower, but moves way quicker

I’m a big fan of Whatnot, as Tony knows.

1 Like

Just starting to sell in mercari. Is there any way to turn off offers?

Listed my God of Thunder 2 NM and getting ridiculous low ball offers within minutes of listing. So annoying.

2 Likes

Not that I know of, cause you can just message users to make offers.

1 Like

Offers through Mercari or messages? I thought Mercari had a cap on how low an offer could be, like maybe at most 15% off… been a while but I think I remember that.

Any whatnot users want to share their names to be followed? I’d follow some of you… :slight_smile:

Thenewestrant

I do shows and they’re fun, I’d say!

2 Likes

apopcomics I do shows and they are fun, but have been on hiatus because of work Returning next week.

2 Likes

I don’t know of any way to turn off offers at all. I have received some really ridiculous offers on Mercari and I have blocked a good amount of people for sending such things.