Miles Morales Spider-Man #25 Mike Mayhew Variant

Mayhews back at it again with an ok looking cover in my opinion

It’s dropping Wednesday April 7th 9am PST

Virgin and trade sets limited to 1000 $60 + $20 to have his signature and coa

Trade limited to 3000 $25 + $10 for signature & coa

And as we all know Mayhews going to end up putting a shadow version of this out there…

5 minutes after posting this I actually seen @LoveBox put this up last night, so thanks!

1 Like

I just can’t see paying for a Previews cover swipe. I need some originality here…

1 Like

Meh

its a Yes for me!

1 Like

I’m caught in the web… I have to buy 1 for the PC.

1 Like

Meh

1 Like

I’ve seen this somewhere before…

Other than lightening up the suit, what did he really do, creatively?

1 Like

If it’s the same character, in the same suit, in the same position, with similar graphic design and formatting, is it still an homage or something a step beyond that?

2 Likes

I think using another image to draw your own still displays your artistic skills but on a creative level, you did nothing special.

1 Like

Yeah, Greg Land tier is still above “turned in a blank sheet” tier art.

1 Like

I guess I’m just getting burnt out on Mayhew ripping off other covers (see his Hive comics latest release) vs. the great covers he can do on his own

I get it. I can only imagine some artists do homages that they like, it’s half the work, etc. It’s like they’re taking a break from doing their own thing to do something they like to pay tribute, etc.

1 Like

Thats not a homage. Thats a “Greg Land trace job”

2 Likes

Technically, a Greg Land trace job would involve an adult film star or two :rofl:

4 Likes

Can’t wait for store exclusives to homage the Ultimate fallout 4 1:25

3 Likes

I can’t wait for Gleason to webonize it…

2 Likes

Ouch…another so bad it’s good line! : )

1 Like

Mike Mayhew should sell his “masterpiece” cover on Scorpion Comics.Those fools would devour it. The Spider man Fascmilevariant covers always get sold out .It’s just a different color for every single damn cover.

1 Like

I prefer the dell’otto variant

3 Likes