Miles Morales Spider-man #38

Yeah but they don’t normally come into the house… but I’ll catch them and let them go further away.

Key word….”normally”….

If this tells you anything… since I’ve lived in my current house since 2008, I have yet to find a black widow or brown recluse inside my house.

1 Like

I have also never found one inside the house and I have lived in Texas off and in since I was born :slight_smile:

Now, when I lived in San Antonio I had a scorpion crawling on my head while I was sleeping…and have found them multiple times in my house and bed…

5 Likes

I have so many friends who claim they find and catch scorpions here in Austin in their houses and yards. I’ve yet to see one at my house or yard… which is no fun cause I like scorpions. I have found snakes though, I catch those suckers and go release them in the nearby greenbelt. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’m just south of Austin and have seen scorpions.
They are way faster than I imagined.
I also had the pleasure of discovering a snake in my garage last summer.

1 Like

Imagine how difficult it would be to write a story that used these pronouns that contradict the proper English structure. How would the reader determine if ‘they’ is referring to an individual, or a group of people?

It isn’t that hard to adjust pronouns to respect people’s gender identity. I’m sure writers could manage considering we’ve already used, “They,” as singular for years. E.g. if someone tells you you got a phone call you ask, “Oh, what did they say?” knowing that it is singular. It isn’t a big deal.

The phone response is a good rebuttal, but, I was thinking more towards face to face conversations. If I was in a group of people, and we were discussing a plan of some sort, and one participant said ‘We are going here’. How would you determine what that person meant? Especially if the place where ‘they’ went is never shown, or revealed. Did that person mean singular or plural? There are definitely scenarios where this improper use of the language structure could be easy to figure out what is truly being told in the story, but, I believe there to be just as many scenarios that would leave the reader with absolute confusion as to what is being written, because the words being used no longer have a defined meaning. For a story telling application, I believe its important to keep proper use of the structure of the language that the story is being told in. Perhaps Im wrong. I digress.

1 Like

Maybe it’s a part of a collective where it and they could both apply.

MILES MORALES: SPIDER-MAN 38 SKAN SPOILER VARIANT

This is a 1:50. Weird that Marvel is revealing the cover of this “SPOILER” variant as they havent done that in the past before FOC.

But no need to speed $$ on that cover, when that character is on the MILES MORALES: SPIDER-MAN 38 DAVILA VARIANT.

And on a store variant (which I wont name, but you can find it on Ebay)

3 Likes

The 1:50 is by Steven Segovia, not SKAN.

Wrong. Steven Segovia is doing the store variant…

My bad. You are right. Cant believe they produced similar looking covers. Had to do a double take.

I am REALLY hesitant to invest in characters that haven’t shown their face.

See: Codex, Virus, etc.

I suspect this is a character we already know, but just in a new outfit…

4 Likes

Its multiverse shit. OF COURSE its somebody we know… :laughing: :grin:

It’s Billie…

2 Likes

4 Likes

1:50 is pretty sweet though…

3 Likes

It is indeed :grin: