Modern Comics Cooling off

I thought it’d be fun to look at books that came out really hot but have since cooled considerably. Also seems better to buy some books at the drop .
Marvel action avengers 10 first Yellow Hulk got some heat out of the gate because of yellow hulk, despite it being the IDW series, and was seeing prices of $30-$40+. Since its cooled off considerably to around $10-$15

One book I thought was really interesting was Star Wars High Republic 2 1:25 by Ashley Witter. Pre-sales were going really pricy at $100+ and the peak I saw was a sale at $180. Then when it came out everyone went heavy on high republic 2 to not miss out after issue 1 and then saw just how abundant copies were. Now its going for just slightly above ratio at $30+

2 Likes

It’s a hold now. If and when they do a Disney+ show, it’s gonna explode…

1 Like

I hope it explodes. I have three.

X-men 4 and 5 omega red lol

3 Likes

WCA 45 has cooled considerably from where it was the week White Vision showed up.

2 Likes

That Bee and Puppycat book

1 Like

Thor 5 1st Black Winter LOL

3 Likes

Glad I moved my 1:25 when I did!

Black Winter is a hold, it’ll be back one day… :slight_smile:

9 Likes

I too believe in the black winter. He will be back!!!

2 Likes

WCA #45 was always going to be a silly book to invest in at the price it lept up to. Why on earth would it sustain?

I’m in for the long haul for Black Winter. Just like Knull, he will be back. Can’t lock either of them up, so a seeming death is the only way to put them on ice for a while. SWA HR also one to hold onto for a while.

1 Like

5 Likes

4 Likes

Lmao

2 Likes

And that is why I don’t do auctions. You miss one key word or end at a weird time (maybe during a popular game or event is being televised) you can get really screwed.

Looks like this person neglected to put in IDW…

1 Like

Wow, that is like a punch in the doo dads

1 Like

Don’t worry he “won’t be able to find it” so it will get cancelled.

3 Likes

4 Likes

Glad I dumped my copy early.

1 Like