Modern Comics Heating Up (Those With Potential Too) (Part 1)

It was crazy I felt dirty when I sold a raw copy for $900 bought the trade and virgin set for $18 :stuck_out_tongue:

The guy did however end up sending to CGC and got a 9.8. I sent the trade in and also got a 9.8. I prefer the trade and I collect Momoko covers so won’t get rid of it plus I think it’s the best cover for issue 1 but I’m a big Magik fan.

Trade was 3000 and the virgin came with a certificate saying it was limited to 600

2 Likes

marvel has 3k minimum for first cover and 1k minimum for each additional, thats why all those stores use the words “limited to” instead of print run

This is the most important piece of information for successful long term spec.

4 Likes

Might be time to list my copies…

3 Likes

Yup… buy and read what you love, one day it might just become valuable!

I’d recommend securing your copies of Thor #20 if you haven’t already.

7 Likes

Thanks for the heads up! I managed to grab a couple for less than cover.

2 Likes

Why ? Thanks !

@DocCRR
God of Hammers (I’ll call her Mjolnir lady lol) showing up, along with just my own general observations of sales, places already sold out. I think interest waned on the series a bit after all the previous hype.
Having said all that, the usual caveat applies as I could be dead wrong.
Just seems like a bit of a storm is brewing on it from things I’m seeing and hearing.
Worth securing a copy at this point imo/low risk.

2 Likes

I see copies on Ebay saying it’s a first app. Anyone have pictures of the inside of the book for proof ?

1 Like

3 Likes

Is this the embodiment or the God Tempest?

2 Likes

It’s a cameo

2 Likes

And might as well be called white winter

3 Likes

I’m calling it now - Cates takes Jason Aaron’s “secret” origin of Mjolnir from Mighty Thor 12 and blends it with the Neil Gaiman “Doctor’s Wife” episode of Dr. Who where Gaiman brought the spirit of the Tardis to life. Just not as well…

Cates has a history of mining nuggets of other creators work, starting his hype machine of it being the best thing ever, and then limping home to to a flat finish.

8 Likes

I really, really never want folks to think I’m making posts or saying to pick up a book because I’m selling or anything like that. I just noticed this book gaining traction and figure not everyone may have their ear to the ground with the holiday. I don’t do much but sit around while the Mrs and I chase our 3 year old grand daughter lol so I happened to notice the chatter on it.
I know in the long run, it will likely be a big miss, but I hate for folks in our forum to miss out on a possible easy flip ( if that’s your thing).
Regards and Happy New Year!

9 Likes

No it’s good info I have it preordered as well as #21 I just feel the character is a let down in the same way black winter was a puff of smoke we’ve been waiting for god of hammers for a year now so expectations were high.

7 Likes

That page looks like a good candidate for the inevitable 2nd print cover :wink:

6 Likes

I thought 3rd prints were reserved for 1st covers… :wink:

3 Likes

I was sent spoilers for it this morning. Cameo, yes, but what the “God of Hammers” turns out to be is going to catch a lot of people off guard.

2 Likes