Modern Comics Heating Up (Those With Potential Too) (Part 1)

:laughing: Totally, dude.

This is more of a “simmering” than full flame heating, but if you didn’t grab a copy I’d recommend it.

2 Likes

I’ll grab one!

1 Like

Is there a difference on first kid appearance vs first adult appearance in characters? I know Magik goes back all the way to Xmen 1 as a baby or whatever.

1 Like

Honestly not sure on that. While the adults are also cool/adult versions, the importance of this issue is really more about Gaslamp. While he was in #13 with a cameo (up to debate as always), he is certainly all out full with this issue. Cool design imo.

1 Like

I noticed that Strange Academy #14 I mentioned a couple days ago just received a “Hot keys” alert/bump on the Key collector app just a bit ago.

Not saying it was because of the post, but I’m hoping any of you with interest in it already searched and found one prior to today as it will likely be more costly to get ahold of.

4 Likes

I don’t have it on pull but I did order issue 14 & 15

2 Likes

Yeah looks like it has been gaining some steam on ebay, going for about triple cover price. Nice looking out!

2 Likes

Issues 13-15 will be a nice little set to have.

4 Likes

I’ve sold 3 copies of Iron Man Annual #5 resurrection of Killmonger the past month in the $25-$30 range I’ve been finding them for a couple dollars.

5 Likes

At this point I dunno if we’re getting Killmonger brought back to become Black Panther, if Shuri will be Black Panther, if someone else is gonna get the role, it is a big mystery!

2 Likes

Feels like Strange Academy 1 (Cover A) 9.8s prices have quietly creeping up now average around $300-325ish.

Compared to a lot of other modern hot books this one has held $250 level since July and has been sideways in a weak market aka showing relative strength without much talk about it.

Let’s see what it does in 2022.

4 Likes

yep the only one not to hold its value is the momoko, people were paying 1500 for the virgin 9.8 its down to like 600 and still falling

3 Likes

I don’t follow the store variants because it’s wild wild west in that arena. Especially now when no one tells you the print run anymore… no thanks…

If you paid $1500 with hopes of it going up … ouch… OR you are a big Momoko fan which is fine I guess.

The only store variant for Strange Academy 1 I follow is the Skottie Young store one he did because I bought some as a fan of his, he is the writer of the story and print run was I think 3k.

Wanted to support artist/creator directly.

That version has lagged the most out of all of them but hey maybe it finds some new found love one day.

But if it never goes up in value I am OK with that also.

2 Likes

For those bored CovrPrice does a year end hot books article but they didn’t post the 2021 version yet.

But they did recommend to review the 2020 and we can see what is still hot in today’s market vs what fizzled out …Punchline…Thor…King Robin…

1 Like

I guess I’m in the minority but I still enjoy Punchline. That being said, I’m a Batman / Joker :black_joker: ♤:heart:◇♧ nerd so I am biased.

1 Like

I was curious about that sale.

The only one I see on GPA is from September 2020 for $1545 it was CGC 9.9
CGC census shows only 2 copies as 9.9

As an investment actually might been a fair price for that. BUT we shall see if anything becomes of this property.

1 Like

As you said you are a reader AND a fan of Punchline versus every influencer shoving down our throats as she is better than Harley Quinn to unload books onto the market.

Big difference :bat: :grinning:

1 Like

longterm the momoko will be the worst cover to have, all the others have the new characters on them

6 Likes