Modern Comics Heating Up (Those With Potential Too) (Part 1)

Another example….

2 Likes

Regarding that Strange Academy #2 Doyle cover.
Keep in mind that it was an issue during that initial Covid ordering/book release lull and it sort of caught most people by surprise. I specifically recall us discussing it at the time .
The gap between SA #1 and #2 was fairly significant and when #2 released it really created another rush of buzz with folks scrambling for issue #1 well after the fact.
Clearly it isn’t “rare or even scarce imo”, but I do believe it is a nice book to have/own and has more legitimacy to it than just a current FOMO. It has had very good value since day one. I recall it going for about $30 just shortly after it released which is now 1.5 years ago.

4 Likes

That Strange Academy 2B cover has been hot forever. I sold a copy along with a throw-in copy of 3B in November 2020 for $44.

4 Likes

I sold a 9.8 this week of sa #2

1 Like

For $5?

Details, Alana.

It’s a ‘cameo’ in the way the word is traditionally used in the hobby. Good luck changing a half century of parlance. :rofl:

4 Likes

that cover came out before strange academy blew up, at the time you could still buy issue 1 for cover price, so it was under ordered compared to the rest of the character covers

1 Like

$120 I bought it for $60 book was going $200 + a year ago and dropped back down to $90 cgc 9.8s. So it’s been higher than it is currently.

1 Like

I can’t wait to see what it’s going for on Wednesday.

1 Like

Donny Cates to speculators everytime he creates a new character only for them to go away not long after

4 Likes

right, besides knull and maybe dylan none of cates creation last, long term i feel safer betting on characters created by people like kelly thompson

1 Like

Oh well. It doesn’t bother me when I don’t have to hold long to make a buck.

I have this odd thing going on in my head for over a year now when I see “Knull”, I think of a “Knish”. I must like a Knish better or something

Vox is still being used. I wouldn’t count out BW or Codex.

1 Like

2 Likes

Spits out coffee

That’s a chunk of change!

1 Like

What if? Peter Parker Became The Punisher #1 has been moving steady copies this week between $35-$65. Would be cool if he ever made the cut for a Spiderverse cartoon.

2 Likes

Every so often I list that book and I can never sell it. I have 1 of each, 9.8 contenders.

I wish I had bought more though.

I think this would be selling more copes if there were actually any on the market.

1 Like

i got 3 of those, whats up with it, did daughter come back into a story