Modern Comics Heating Up (Those With Potential Too) (Part 1)

It did receive a bump in sales. I looked the minute I saw those reveals. Fair amount of 164 immediately sold that day on ebay as well as a few other Binary type covers.

Whew, lots of saltiness in my neck of the woods over this Thor #20 (not me, but what I observed). Not a copy to be found. One shop (the one I preorder through-claimed damages and said they’d get a replacement which I highly doubt), the other two shops, none on the shelves with claims of “only orderered preorders”-also doubtful.

Matters little to me as I always have my bases covered with online orders also, but still a bad look imo. Thor isn’t an obscure book. If you are going to hold them back, ok…but at least put a couple on the racks so you can say “sold out”. Shops aren’t stupid when it comes to people buying to flip, but customers aren’t stupid either.

3 Likes

MCS has some incentives up for this week, but not open orders.

Weird.

I guess they are speculators at mcs. I wish stuff wouldn’t heat up till after release, so retailers couldn’t price gouge every incentive that is hot.

1 Like

Thanks but no thanks

2 Likes

4x ratio lol, stores are gonna kill the book with that shit

They stick it up for ebay prices even though they don’t have to pay the fees

1 Like

I saw this and said the same thing. That’s just ridiculous smh.

2 Likes

They will probably cancel all the thor 20 1:25’s they sold and re-list them at market price. I’ve seen it happen with CM 8 1:25.

Who does that, Midtown?

2 Likes

Yes. I think they only do it to people who have a record of being a good guesser

They had the Thor’s at like $80+ to begin with

I was talking about Midtown. I should have specified

1 Like

Maybe if people g stop posting book x y or z is going for $$ before release dates then maybe they wont price accordingly

they set their prices according to ebay sales

1 Like

doubt thats the only factor

It would likely cut down on it but good luck getting that to happen. In addition, retailers will never learn they are screwing the people they depend upon.

wait you think these retailers depend on you ? the guy buying only the hot or key book and isnt around for the next 10 issues

3 Likes

Yes. Speculators are what drive the price up.

If I go to a store on a regular basis for the hot books and the shop does a pull I always have a couple of books on pull, its like having a membership card for that shop.

Being known as “Moon Knight sub guy” by the store is much better than being known as “just there for the hot books”.

6 Likes