Modern Comics Heating Up (Those With Potential Too) (Part 1)

Nah, like he used to be a kow, but now he ain’t a kow.

5 Likes

Ouch. Not quite the level of being drawn into the art, inked and colored like Bagley’s upcoming Dail (sic) Bugle.

1 Like

Thanos Imperative Devastation one shot is a little dry on eBay (ones listed are $30+), and also issue 3 of imperative is now $20+. All due to Annihilators rumors i suppose. But KCC has them at less than $10 for a high :upside_down_face:

Which issue was that ? I am drawing a blank.

1 Like

4 Likes

Glad I found one for $10 2 weeks ago

i think this makes him the first star wars comic created characther to cross over into the shows/movies

1 Like

Darth Vader #1 (2015) is a pain because of that darn all black back cover. Color rub nightmare book.

5 Likes

There’s like 30 covers for the book including 4 incentives, 5 prints, and a directors cut so pretty easy to find some version and I think that will hold the book back for quite awhile.

2 Likes

5th print
alex ross (boba fett) exclusive
comicpro (rarest) i think 500 print run
are the ones i tried to find

2 Likes

I paired up the action figure variants for Vader #1 and Doc Aphra #1 (Black Krrsantan cover) and called it good long ago. Too many to chase and not really worth a big buy in, to me even at the release. It would be different if he were on one of the covers of course.

2 Likes

I’ve passed n DV 1 many times. Too many variants. None with Krrsantan on the cover.

Instead went for Aphra 1 for cover…should have bought more than I did.

So Darth Vader #3 moving yet?

1 Like

I bet people think this is first cover. Unfortunately there are several covers prior. Wonder if those will begin to see heat.

Yeah, I’ve even seen it listed that way (the action figure as his first app).
I just don’t feel there is a really “good” book with regards to him. I like the character and all, no issue there, and there was no reason to not buy low on him, but I really, really don’t think it is smart play to toss any money at his books currently (unless you can find them cheap). They are so prone to color rubs and issues as well, so for those that love to grade and try to flip 9.8s…best of luck.

Buy what you love I guess…as always.

Yeah, definitely taking big risks if paying asking price with only a front cover photo. From what I’ve looked at so far on eBay 9/10 that show the back cover have visible color rubbing off.

So buy graded if you have to have that 9.8. Or look very closely and look for sellers who accept returns.

And someone wake up KCC…no alerts yet??? Sleeping on the job!

2 Likes

There was also a Five Below special edition, which I believe combined issues #1 and #2 I think is pretty hard to find that some might seek out. I snagged a few myself for the collection as I was trying to grab most if not all the first volume of Darth Vader. I can’t imagine most of these Special ones coming out of a Five Below store ended up in NM condition.

3 Likes

Did anyone notice the Spoiler covers to Captain Marvel 35 this week? I wonder if X-men 164 will see a rise in sales?

1 Like