Modern Comics Heating Up (Those With Potential Too) (Part 1)

I grabbed 2 copies from an ebay seller after Alana snaked my 5 copies I had in the checkout process, lol. Order multiple from Westfield (who will probably cancel), multiple from Derby Comics DC (which now show as sold out so hopefully I keep my order), and then a bunch from that Alana link, but will surely get canceled. If i wind up with 5 copies ill be happy. I’ll see if my LCS can hold a couple or can at least order more if it doesn’t sell out at the distributor level tonight.

1 Like

Shout out to DarkDominionComics, hes on this Forum (hint, hint for future orders!!)

Found a Thor 6 2nd print and Thor 20 here:

Search: 10 results found for “thor” – Dark Dominion Comics

2 Likes

I ordered 10 from Derby Comics, crossing my fingers. Anyone else?

So did Grogu break Shopify? ARG!!!

1 Like

Their cart broken? or is this the Shopify system going down…

Not sure, but DM him on the forum. He’s pretty responsive. His post is right above yours.

Expecting all of mine to get cancelled, but I’ve got orders in at three places. Fingers crossed one comes through!

2 Likes

Well, I’ll be happy with one :slight_smile:
Was able to place three separate orders on eBay, one non eBay via the link above, and I immediately called my shop owner to ask for it (I do have Vader on my pulls it never care what cover he gives me). He was very appreciative, so hoping he takes care of me (if he even ordered that cover).

What a damned goat rodeo.

2 Likes

They are hard to find now day after FOC but I’m sure plenty of opportunity to grab a couple the week before release.

4 Likes

I’d take the opportunity now if one has a good relationship with your store to call them now and ensure they hold a copy for you (if they ordered the sprouse). Others will. Go old school here and forget about the 'net for now

Not exactly the same situation but this harkens back to the days of the Spider-Man #1 Platinum for me. Calling calling calling

1 Like

Good to have a pull…that’s where I’m heading.

3 Likes

That’s my back up/long shot (since I didn’t do it first, doh); I already pull DV (cover A) so maybe this puts me nearer the front of the queue.

2 Likes

It was on the Penguin Random House site: https://prhcomics.com/book/?isbn=75960609601502021

1 Like

The book is on sale June 21. Even if you reserve it, I would still remind the LCS preferably closer to the sale date. Had this happen to me on several books - ‘oops allocated, sold out or damaged’ - what can you do!

Its safe to say on today, Jan 11th, that in 5 months there will be a long line outside of brick and mortar comic stores on Jun 21.

I see February 9 as the release date.

3 Likes

I actually aim that message (mine) and yours at an old, senile dude like me, who needs to make notes to remember stuff :grinning:

1 Like

ya, per Penguin’s site it’s Feb 9

1 Like

I think that’s a glitch.f

Check out Golden Crabapple gouging already.

4 Likes

From TFAW site, I could be wrong ! PRH sounds more accurate; why I need a reminder :grinning:

Star Wars Darth Vader #20 (Sprouse Lucasfilm 50th Variant)
Add to WatchdogAdd to Wish List
By:
Greg Pak , Raffaele Ienco , Chris Sprouse
Publisher:
Marvel Comics
On Sale Date:
June 21, 2022
Availability:
Pre-Order
UPC:
Details:
Orders of this item are limited (to 3) per customer.