Modern Comics Heating Up (Those With Potential Too) (Part 1)

Yes and no I would not with modern books. Even with a pre-screen 9.8, you can still end up with a 9.6 or lower when they do the actual grade.

Small stack of Force Awakens 4 from a healthy vein I’m tapping at my LCS. Bought for $4.00 each. About very fine (stored stacked together in a bag without separate bags and boards).

Listed for $8.99 each. Cheapest on eBay. Nobody should pay $20+ for that crappy Knights of Ren first cameo.

9 Likes

On another note, didnt like Adam Driver as Kylo Ren; IMO his acting was as wooden as Hadyen as Anakin BUT I would recommend the movie - The Last Duel. One of the better movies this year, and with Adam Driver.

3 Likes

If you want some real screamers for laughs, watch him in Logan Lucky. Amazing.

1 Like

Sent you a PM.

1 Like

If writers keep politics out of comics, comics will stay out of politics. It’s that simple.

2 Likes

Eh, I like any form of literature to express views on everything from politics to social views to everything else. I’m not saying every comic has to comment on a big issue, but I feel as a respected from of literature they can and should tackle anything and everything. That said, sometimes you just want dumb fun.

1 Like

100% pure FOMO

3 Likes

I would say anyone paying more than ratio for an incentive out of the gate is doing it for FOMO.

1 Like

Woo hoo! Congrats to those who got in on this. Now, on to the next ship!

2 Likes

I wonder if people are speculating/hoping he becomes the new BP in the MCU? Given the whole situation with him passing, marvel mistakenly not recasting the role and the issues the actress playing Shuri has with her vocal anti-vaccine stance?

1 Like

I’m sure Azari would be in line before this rando that debuted this week gets to be Panther.

3 Likes

Watched it last night and agree! Was really impressed with his acting in it. Good movie overall…

1 Like

And Azari was a $1 book for a decade why did no one care about Black Panther and Storms son when he came out but will throw money at this. Real simple weren’t a bunch of internet bs pumpers then.

5 Likes

Yeah as much as people think and swear I feel like the mcu side and the comics usually don’t have people working together. I don’t think this new character is going to be the mcu black panther especially since they’ve been working on this movie for the past year and shooting they aren’t gonna change the whole movie around and have this character that just showed up this week

3 Likes

Not really a spidey fan but the cover looks so good i might wanna buy for PC. Found a full set here. Just need a trigger to press “confirm” lol

I definitely agree that this new character won’t be the next Black Panther in the MCU. That being said, the comics are definitely working closer than before to the studio side. Feige oversees both entities.

2 Likes

Moon Knight 188 (Cover A) raw copies have sold around $60.
Slowly grinding higher.

6 Likes

Adam: Legend of the Blue Marvel 1 9.8 ‘cheap copies’ have sold $1900.
Then a copy sold for $2600 highest sales level.
A +$700 price jump based on low supply.

Wonder if lower grades will find a price bump if 9.8s hit out of reach prices :man_shrugging:

2 Likes