Modern Comics Heating Up (Those With Potential Too) (Part 1)

i dont think its gonna sell at that price

1 Like

It is not even graded.

Its a cool cover though, not $100 cool, but still Moon Knight Bloodstone cool. Will be on the lookout. Thanks for sharing.

1 Like

Unless it’s golden or silver age first team ups or meetings they usually don’t have staying power. Then again the market has been peculiar recently with collecting goals shifting for many.

3 Likes

I think the idea behind the push is the two characters could cross over in the Moon Knight show and therefore people will want to chase it.

2 Likes

It seems Agent Orange does seem to sell though, not by much. I pass many of these in the $ boxes. If DC ever does a Sinestro War movie, then it should really take off. Probably a ways off or never.

Blade and anything related to him is just always a pretty safe bet imo. I’m not saying don’t sell it while you can get top dollar, but I don’t think it’s a bad hold either. There are certain characters that have great cross over appeal and can often sell to someone who doesn’t really care about comics per se, but loves the character—Blade falls into that category imo.

WTF are people thinking…???

1 Like

I don’t feel sorry for people any more who overspend or waste their money on things… it’s on them at this point!

2 Likes

It’s a charity auction. Will be 11 more after that. That could be playing into this.

That’s true, if all the money is going to charity, then awesome!

All proceeds are going to HI, which is how (I think) they were able to get 12 of them.

They were able to get 12 because they are a huge $$$$$$ store

In looking at Hero Initiative’s timeline, some or most of the sales that the CBR article has issues with are eBay auctions with all the proceeds going to Hero Initiative.

Need to spent the $$$ before the misses found out that I have extra $$$. (This is a reach.) Can also be the fact that every quarter small biz owner may want to do some write off lol. OR Simply people are not very smart…

Either way, every opportunity comes at the cost of an incompetence.

My lcs ordered some, but never got any of them. They don’t spend as much as mcs obviously.

Jim doesn’t sell comics, unlike lots of people on here, he does read them and he does connect the dots… He may be wrong on occasions, But he doesn’t profit from it.

1 Like

Still available :
STAR WARS: DARTH VADER 20 SPROUSE LUCASFILM 50TH VARIANT (02/09/2022)( – Dark Dominion Comics

1 Like

They could’ve bought the entire original series for a hell of a lot less than what these folks are paying for a reprint.

1 Like

How do you know he doesn’t sell comics? That’d be the rare person who collects but doesn’t sell. I’m gonna call bullshit on your statement.

3 Likes