Modern Comics Heating Up (Those With Potential Too) (Part 1)

Cover C for SM 2099 is the better cover IMO.

1 Like

Also, saw a spoiler about a new mashup character making a debut in Hulk 7. Something to keep an eye out for, but I’m going to hold out for the 2nd print cover app of anything comes of it.

1 Like

If I remember correctly he appears in the first issue so…

3 Likes

He’s on the cover of the next issue I believe. Cover has been revealed for a while now.

What ? You guys didnt figure out that Bruce Banner would become Thor ??

1 Like

Already happened over a decade ago in Hulked out Heroes. Just another Donny Cates ripoff.

4 Likes

I haven’t been paying close attention to Thor or Hulk…even though I pull Thor. Been considering ending it, but then I would be down to 0 pulls at this shop…

Sold my last copy. Picked 10 or so out of $1 bins over the past few years. The last few I sold for $20 ea.

2 Likes

I think I still have a couple hiding in boxes…

Vidbranium man looks cooler than his name suggests. He’s a BP character, which helps.

Deadly Class 47 Dekal seems to be heating up. CBSI did a spiel on it, and I cant seem to find it anywhere.

Hellcop 7 also, per CBSI - picked up two from Dark Dominion.

So people think Exiles #2 is Valkyrie in MCU? Hhmmm I’d suggest its Runa IMO. But we shall see.

2 Likes

2nd print of runa 1st app is sleeper if they use name in thor

2 Likes

Facts

When the book came out Marvel said this is Valkyrie from the MCU she appeared in film before the comics. They made a big deal about Exiles and Valkyrie starting with issue #1 and the design variant.

“Marvel has announced that a Thompson-inspired version of Valkyrie will soon be making her official comics debut in the publisher’s new Exiles series.”

1 Like

Will start off with a bang, and then after a few issues will be cancelled, and character rolled into another team/book.

“Mullet Cop,” got optioned. It was a fun read.

1 Like

IMHO #51 Dekal and #32 JSA are right up there in terms of great covers for this run.

1 Like

And, I’m reminded immediately why I don’t buy new X titles. I bought the design variant for Legion of X, as I believe that’s Mother Righteous’s first cover and appearance. I gave it a quick read, and I don’t think I could even tell you what happens in the book. It’s too many characters, too much implied backstory knowledge, too many seemingly unrelated plot points. It’s just noise. Every so often I read a new X title to see if it’s a thing I can get into, and it’s always this way. Just not for me, I guess.

But, the character design is solid. And, most of these design covers are terrible, but this one seemed decent enough.

Actual cover:

Preview of cover:

6 Likes