Modern Comics Heating Up (Those With Potential Too) (Part 1)

Awesome. Another comic that’ll never get processed and sit in my pre-orders as a reminder I’ll never get it!

1 Like

Meh. 1 copy. The auctions are $10-15. This too will drop. My LCS still has them on the shelf.

1 Like

I didn’t find these at my shops, picked one up, thanks!

1 Like

In the past week copies of Tankers #1 have sold for 10 dollars to about 50 dollars. The price is all over the place. It could go up or down. Time will tell. Right now high 20’s to low 30s is where it is selling.

Tankers #1 Bad Idea 2021 on eBay

I think the EBay pricing for both Tankers 1 and Eniac 2 are all skewed due to one of the official retailers selling their copies at cover price. You’ll see tons of $3.99 sales. I thinks it’s gonna be a little bit longer til the pricing stabilizes. Those $3.99 copies seem to have all been sold now.

1 Like

I think I missed the original memo on this. Book is doing very well and likely still on your shop shelves.

5 Likes

Here’s an interesting one. The first appearance of Lynn Michaels, who eventually becomes The Punisher for a bit, is heating up. Not sure why, but what used to be a $1 book is now selling for $10-$15. Punisher War Journal #75, which is not her first cover appearance but is a very 90s cover, is currently at $20+. Your shops are bound to have these in their 90s discount boxes.

Punisher War Zone #7 - 1st appearance of Lynn Michaels

Punisher War Journal #62 - Lynn wears the suit

1 Like

Not sure why either. My guess is people want every male superhero/vigilante to be a woman…

1 Like

For eBay, you can edit your entire at any time, as long as there are no active offers on the book. If there is an outstanding offer, from seller or buyer, then tou can’t edit certain fields in your listing.

1 Like

That’s the same thing I said, just in another way. :thinking:

1 Like

I don’t read your comment as being the same. I clarified precisely when, and when not, a listing can be edited. Imo, your comment, Poyo, is non specific. "At a certain point’, could mean anything. I was simply clarifying your abstract definition. All good. :+1:

as a seasoned ebay seller myself i knew what they meant. didn’t see a reason for someone to come in and clarify such things. it was just quick response to state that at some point one can’t edit their listings. i think most people familar with ebay knew this already.

1 Like

Here i was thinking it was because it was a Punisher/Wolverine cover?
Hence why #6 and #7 were going up? I been on the lookout but haven’t found in the wild yet.

I found one last week

if you cant find a copy of adam of the blue marvel I guess

Raw copies for $100-125 and a CBCS 8.0 sold for $200. Crazy!

2 books that have been moving:

Teen Titans 12 (Batman Who Laughs) multiple sales graded and raws.
9.8 prices have pulled back from $900 levels. Let’s see if people will buy at current prices.

Marvel Team Up 14 (2006) Invincible-Spiderman crossover.
Two 9.8s have sold for good money. Raw prices rising also since the show started.

1 Like

The price difference in a 9.8 and 9.6 for TT12 is just insane. I paid $90 for my 9.6 about 2 years back and it’s felt like a slow burn watching the value move although last 2 sales a 9.6 sold for $250 and $300. It’s a book I bought to fund something else down the line so hopefully it keeps going.

3 Likes

Amazing Spider-Man #565 CGC 9.8 sold for $400 recently.

1 Like

A lot of books that were dollar books from the late 80’s and early 90’s are starting to bring in good money in high grade now.

1 Like