Modern Comics Heating Up (Those With Potential Too) (Part 1)

I wish there was an easy way to find your old ebay sales because I swear I sold a CGC 9.8 ASM #565 for almost $500 about a year ago

There was also a big sale close to a grand a ways back.

1 Like

If you used Paypal, probably have records go back further to search through… :wink:

1 Like

I just go through my yahoo mail. I still have the email documenting my NYX 1-6 set for $14…shipped.

It was 2005.

6 Likes

Did you buy them or sell them. If you sold them then I feel horrible. If you bought them I kinda want to punch you for getting such a great deal.

5 Likes

You should punch him anyways for being an email hoarder… Who keeps email all the way back to 2005…

3 Likes

I never clear my email except when I’m almost out of storage. Then I cut the ones with big attachments or such.

1 Like

I’ve got all my e-mails dating back to 2002 documenting all my Ebay and old Yahoo Auction purchases.

1 Like

Rob, I started out on Yahoo Auctions years ago. Nice to see someone else remembers them as well. I really think they were better than eBay back in the day.

2 Likes

Haha, I do this a lot. It mostly goes…

Yes!, Yes! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOoooooooooooo!

My favorite is my “Clone Wars 1 NM” I bought for like $6 shipped. Worst is probably Darth Vader 3 1:25 Variant I sold for like $30.

3 Likes

Like Homer would say… “Doh!”

So stupid eBay likes to add “or best offers” automatically to my listings that automatically renew. Not sure where in my agreements that says they are authorized to do that.

Anyway. Today after months of no activity I get 5 reasonable offers in my Ms. Marvel #12 first Red Dagger. My sell price is $40 and they’re all coming in at $31 and above. So somethings going on.

Haven’t accepted any of them. But I’m thinking If eBay didn’t auto-add the OBO it would have sold today.

2 Likes

I think this could have something to do with it:

2 Likes

I cannot wait for Ms. Marvel to blow up some of these characters (I hope!)… these were some of the first comics I picked up when I started collecting… yeah i’m new :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Black Adam Endless Winter 1 (Bosslogic) CGC 9.8 sells for $499.
Venom 3 3rd print (Knull Cover) CGC 9.8 sells for $499.

Better long term spec value? :thinking:
Just curious of peoples thoughts on this ‘which would you rather own’ scenario.

OR maybe let me rephrase…

How irrational the current market is if someone willing
to pay up for the Black Adam graded book vs established villain like Knull.

Black Adam’s movie arrives next year, but there are still BAEW #1s floating out there raw that are cheaper than what a raw Venom #3 third print goes for.

Venom #3 may sink for a while (we think) but it’s still a first appearance, which BAEW is not. I personally think Knull will be back. He made too much of a splash for Marvel to bench him permanently.

1 Like

Black Adam was a pump and dump and seeing them for $20-$30 now

6 Likes

Of course it was a pump and dump. There was no real reason that book should be $100…

4 Likes

“But…But…It’s Boss Logic” :thinking: :grin:

Who is actually buying that Endless Winter book for that much? It just makes no sense, I can believe a $100-150 9.8 sale but $500?

Show me the receipts

1 Like