Modern Comics Heating Up (Those With Potential Too) (Part 1)

Woo hoo found 2 last night.

1 Like

Visiting a friend in the town over a ways. Figured I’d try my luck. Didn’t see any and so I asked the employee. He said “that sounds really familiar, let me check the warehouse”. Came back just a few minutes later with a stack of 10. He apologized even and said they must have missed putting them out. Bought two and went on my merry way.

7 Likes

Found 5 left at a Barnes and Noble. Limited to 1 per customer due to you know what lol.

1 Like

Lol you mean all those FB FS posts with flippers that bought 3-5 10 stacks asking $30-$40 didn’t make them go to 1 per. There are a ton of these, are these print to order or is there a actual print run?

3 Likes

I didn’t count them all to verify…but I get 118 listings on eBay at the moment.

2 Likes

I went to the B&N near me and I couldn’t find it ( this was on Thursday after I discovered it existed). I asked a guy who was stocking the shelves near the comic/graphic novel section but he had no clue. He tried to look it up in their system but could not find it. I went back on Friday to try again hoping maybe they got put on the shelves but no luck. Oh well. I bought most of the regular covers and liked this one, but I’m not paying a flipper over cover for it. I’m kind of hoping the McFarlane web store will have an exclusive and I’d rather put my money towards that.

Go on eBay and get the bar code number from the back. Have them look that up. That’s how I found my copies.

2 Likes

Thanks for the tip. I’ll try that.

I would ask whoever is at the customer service counter, that’s what I did. They were only allowing one copy per person at the B&N that I went to, and they kept them in a back office rather than on the sales floor.

Was able to get 4 copies of the Batman Spawn B&N exclusive. I had to ask for it at the counter and the employees brought out their copies. Had to pick the best 4 out of 10 copies because there were alot of dings in the corner/stress marks on spines if you pay attention to the top right corner in the back, there were lots of small tears or print rubs on the back. Happy Holidays.

1 Like

In all likelihood, this book won’t heat up. However, I feel like mentioning it because it’s the rare Wednesday pick up for me that isn’t a Star Wars book. Almost 30 years of waiting for this storyline to continue/resolve:

The first new chapter in the Gaiman Miracleman storyline since 1993.

6 Likes

I’ve been waiting for this book too !

2 Likes

1 Like

this book has always maintained a $10-15 avg.

great battle issue

2 Likes

Im a hearing possible Venomverse cartoon trilogy being kicked around with cooperating Disney and Sony.

9 Likes

From whom?

Alana pretty much never reveals her sources but is often eerie in her accuracy.

5 Likes

sold my ASM799 cgc 9.9 today for 1500

16 Likes

I mentioned this book BEFORE FOC.

4 Likes

Oh goodie because I picked up two copies last night. Well off to eBay with them.

1 Like