Modern Comics Heating Up (Those With Potential Too) (Part 1)

KCC is claiming in the comments of that Instagram post that he stopped buying books when he launched the app and has only sold one comic set since the '80s.

2 Likes

Haha… that’s funny!

2 Likes

The “I only push information and don’t sell books” is basically a meme.

4 Likes

:thinking: :thinking: :roll_eyes: :roll_eyes: :zipper_mouth_face: :zipper_mouth_face: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Have I told everyone I’m actually the Pope behind this keyboard? Yep yep yep. I am.

3 Likes

Time to be up front, I’m actually Donny Cates…

5 Likes

Those are all fair points. Those factors you mention absolutely contribute to the increases.

I’m not suggesting that the customer base grew by 300%, but it is evident that it has grown and is likely to continue to do so.

But not necessarily due to the actual numbers of collectors growing. Too many other factors involved with this complicated hobby and industry.

Those numbers include the large influx of customers buying Manga. Floppy sales are down overall.

This is gonna be the meme to use from now on. :grinning:

3 Likes

LMAO !!! :rofl: :joy: The lies that come from Krap Kollector never ceases to amaze me…

3 Likes

What I don’t understand is, if they’re suppose to report what’s actually happening, ex. Current Sales Data for the values they post, by not updating in their app is completely irresponsible and total manipulation of the actual values that are occurring. This is just absurd. If I was paying for this, I would be filing fraud with whoever while seeking a refund.

5 Likes

Imagine if we had a price guide on CHU and we just started low balling all the actual sales data because “we believe the sales are not valid” yet the contrary for actual sales!

“That Hulk #181 is selling too high, we believe the real value is in Hulk #180 so we’re gonna say it’s worth $10,000 instead of $50,000 for that high grade 9.8 book!”

Give me a Effing Break KCC! Get your shit together!

5 Likes

It was odd to see Key Collector act all weird about that Supergirl comic.

5 Likes

It would be respectable to say all prices are averages sales over X amount of time. But to pick and choose just based on how YOU feel? Well, just confirms lack of integrity and as well as being biased.

2 Likes

KCC be like: “Tell me you’re a Marvel cuck without telling me you’re a Marvel cuck. I’ll go first.”

There’s a massive collected edition segment of collectors out there. They just want a good-looking book shelf. There aren’t many big forums or sexy top 10 lists for it because, short of Omnibuses that seldom get reprinted, for the most part, the prices stay low and consistent on them.

Absolutely Not!! In todays print runs that pretty decent. Nowhere close to a low print run.

2 Likes

There’s books with over 40k that are $100+ It’s all relative to demand

40,000 or 4,000,000. I don’t want my price guides arbitrarily choosing prices for books. They should be relaying the current marketplace. And, Supergirl W of T 1 is flat out selling for a lot more than $15, as they suggest it should be. My copy lasted just a couple hours on eBay before selling.

3 Likes

I was interested in the spec until it dawned on me that it was a Tom King book. Let me guess, Supergirl has an existential crisis and grapples with the nature of power and reality in a modern world?

Yawn.

4 Likes