Modern Comics Heating Up (Those With Potential Too) (Part 1)

really…? you’re already saying it’s heating up…by a few dollars…

at least wait until Tuesday…

2 Likes

Yeah, when it isn’t even released till Wednesday

1 Like

Lots of people missed on preorder. Most people don’t pay attention to spec sites.

3 Likes

Can buy 2 of these at midtown for what they’re paying for 1 after shipping.

2 Likes

I found 3 more sites in a quick 1 minute search still offering at cover price for pre-orders. So many rush right to eBay…smh…

1 Like

Yes but that is why some of us make money selling books.

2 Likes

What’s the minimum sale value I’m allowed to post for a 9.8?

2 Likes

I went to my lcs to pick up Wednesdays books. I had already secured copies on pre-order from them and a couple of other places. Needless to say the owner mentioned to me that calls have been coming in all day and they pre-sold out of the issue.

2 Likes

Should we rename the topic to have “(potentially)” as well? :wink:

3 Likes

Yes, please do. I prefer talking about books here before it’s too late

2 Likes

Edited… does that work? :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I got my limit from TFAW (3)before FOC but bought two more for cover price and a few other comics from Midtown. Why not. Not sure what they will do with yet another spider-boy/man/lad/dude but if it stays hot long enough for me to get my copies and sell a few I won’t complain…much.

1 Like

The best spec centers around the most popular characters. Spidey is at the top. It’s not complicated

according to Slott interview origin story will be in EoSV 3

Yes, I think it’s a good idea. For those who might be inclined to take a risk here and there, it could be a good source of info.

@rob92807 Yeah, I got three from tfaw, three from Midtown, and three from my LCS

1 Like

No idea if this cover will end up available, but something to keep an eye on. These usually show up for cover price.

I might try to grab one of these, too:

3 Likes

Dan Scott…

:sweat_smile::rofl::rofl::sweat_smile::rofl::sweat_smile:

4 Likes

I know that monopolyjackson is a cumudgeon but I’m going to agree with him here. I think our opinions on what books have potential should go on a separate thread and reserve this thread for books that have already heated up (ie more than double the cover price).

We should have a separate thread to post your opinions ie if you think Miarcle Molly or Bane’s daughter is the next big thing. Don’t really want this thread to devolve into a discussion of the next first appearance etc.