Modern Comics Heating Up (Those With Potential Too) (Part 1)

Check your Wolverine 6’s from 2020 if you got them. Prices rising fast. All mine had been sitting for awhile and were just picked off all at once.

4 Likes

Solem is coming back in the July solicitations

1 Like

Wolverine #6 was listed in the good ole Key Collector Top 20 today. That is the reason they are moving.
(Because as mentioned above, Wolverine #14 will have an origin story for Solem)

4 Likes

Key Comic has them on one of their lists.

I like my first appearances with covers

1 Like

The X-Force 13 1st cover appearance started moving today too.

The Mastrazzo variant is still for sale on Unknown comics

1 Like

There’s the 2nd print Yoon variant

1 Like

maybe i am dumb and just pushed it out of my head but isn’t X-Men 2 first Solem?

Wolverine 6 and X-Force 13 came out same day, with Wolverine 6 first appearance and Xforce first cover appearance.

1 Like

Oh god…here we go again…

5 Likes

I just saw an x-force in the $1 bin. Looked in NM shape too!

1 Like

That’s a different x-men character… :grinning:

Summoner I think

The rest of the story is, even though they came out on the same exact day, wolverine #6 comes first in the x of Swords event with x-force #13 following it leading to many people saying wolverine #6 is his “first appearance”. The problem is, people don’t always stick to this “first app in storyline” for first appearances which causes issues.

I know, i was just saying when they came out…as long as people buy Wolverine 6 for $25+ each I’m good with whatever :slight_smile:

1 Like

First in storyline doesn’t matter much Secret Wars 8 comes to mind being chronological first Black Suit but coming out 9 months after ASM #252. Some characters origin stories come out after they have already been established in comics as well. Both books for Solemn came on the same day both are first appearances one has first cover one is first chronological so there’s nothing really to argue unless you only have one of the books and missed the boat on the other. These books can both still be found for around cover. In Teen Titans and Metal we get the same thing pretty much with Batman Who Laughs except Teen Titans has the cover and Metal is more of a cameo than a full appearance.

2 Likes

I agree 100% Alana, and those two Spidey books were exactly what I had in mind when writing my previous comment.

Well…if both those comics came out the same day secret wars 8 may have won out.

:joy: at least people are finally catching on. Knull aint coming back any time soon. Dylan coulda been such a cool new hero. I mean he didnt get any real characterization but he was set up to be interesting in the future. all that potential just farted away. I genuinely have no idea what Cates was thinking there. I was positive we’d get a 616 Codex with a different name, different outfit, etc.

2 Likes

She meant marvel team-up #141 and asm #252 for first app of the black suit. Secret wars 8 came out a few months later but had venoms original origin in it. So it’s really marvel team-up 141 vs asm 252 just like wolverine 6 vs x-force 13, only difference is the Spidey books both have the black suit on the cover.