Modern Comics Heating Up (Those With Potential Too) (Part 1)

I’m sure that’s true, The advantage he has is he shows the comics and any 1st appearances there may be, so I do pay attention to his recommendations…sometimes

But if he doesn’t cancel, then he’s paying eBay fees for his shill sale. There’s no way his shilling pumps books up enough that it makes up for that.

Then there’s the eventual 1099s reporting these earnings to the IRS.

Trying to manage all that alone to make a measly few $$ just seems exhausting…

They don’t pull their fees till payment is made. He could just accept an offer from himself or set the listing to not require immediate payment

So how many times can the same two shill accounts sell and let payment expire before a flag gets raised?

I’m sure eBay has algorithms which scan/look for this type of behavior/transactions. Even if he’s creating multiple shill accounts for buyers there has to be a limit before eBay catches on.

Trying to get around the system to exploit loop holes seems like a lot of leg work for little gain…

I don’t believe the program works unless it’s an auction

As long as the shill buyer account requests a cancel there is no negative on your account for canceling

So one shill buyer can “fake win” an infinite number of auctions from one shill seller, and request they all be canceled and as long as the seller doesn’t call attention to it eBay doesn’t even know?

Seems like huge flaw in their integrity to me if that’s true.

It’s eBay, it is full of flaws!

Seriously though, it is an issue.

Cheap copies get soaked up pretty quick but there’s some auctions above $40

But why

2 Likes

Inventive cvr 1st app of blade 2099

Most demanded ratio of the year? By who? All the stores who made exclusives? Most places charge double ratio anyway

6 Likes

Dont…listen…to…Terry…Hoknes…

10 Likes

But he’s an authority on comics!

He also says 23 possible specs like that’s supposed to be helpful

3 Likes

Well, yeah if you buy enough, some of it is going to be worth a little bit.

3 Likes

But what good is it when the losses out weigh the gains

:wink:

body is too short

Is it me (because I’m surely biased) or is Venom 27 becoming a book with a lot of potential?

First appearance of Codex and Anne as Agent Venom.

With Knull coming back, the recent Codex appearances, and Anne as Agent Venom appearing to be a major part of the story line for Venom’s Greatest Villain Returns to Murder Carnage (cbr.com) I think Venom 27 has turned into a book that has a lot of near-term and long-term potential.

1 Like

Good lord, I bet you’re giddy with excitement with your 1,000 copies collecting dust…

3 Likes