Modern Comics Heating Up (Those With Potential Too) (Part 1)

The 1:100 for void rivals is nice

Since the Void Rivals talk continues…

1 Like

Here’s the cover to the Void Rivals #1 1:100 variant…

2 Likes

I liked the cover above it…which looks more like and add?

too bad.

1 Like

Void Rivals has to be a quick flip. I can’t see how this can have any legs long term.

2 Likes

There is no spec whats so ever in this book. The fact that people are buying up the 1:100’s blows my mind. The only people that benefit from this book are the retailers…

2 Likes

Don’t underestimate the rabid fan base of Transformers and GI Joe sheeps. They’ll gobble anything up.

And the publishers can just keep on printing those first prints as often as they’d like…

2 Likes

I am not sure they would just reprint the first prints, the did release a second print. More than likely they just are dumping all their unordered copies, which they held back.

I doubt they did as well but Ya never know what’s going on behind the scenes. Originally the first print was listed on their site as a pre-order way back when I mentioned it. I actually ordered 2 copies from them directly only then a week later to be told they’re not for sale yet and they canceled my order.

“Hey, there’s a transformer on the cover! He must be playing a bigger role!!! Let’s pump his first appearance from the Marvel series!!”

Oh, that KCC…

Imagine if that logic could be applied to 99.999% of books out there…every time a character appeared on a cover…pump the first appearance…

3 Likes

Let’s find a cheap book currently on eBay, make up some bullshit to generate clicks that lead to buys so we make commissions… it’s the KCC way… :wink:

3 Likes

A lot of people make money off these announcements and the constant complaining gets old and fast. If I hear someone complain about a pump and dump with no evidence I’m going to scream.As well If all you’re going to do is complain about Key Collector why do you bother to use them?

I don’t use them… so I can keep poking fun at them when others come here to complain right? :wink:

2 Likes

This topic is actually just to really poke fun at KCC… maybe just ignore it if you think it’s tiresome?

Edit: Oh snap, I thought this was the KCC topic… not the Modern Comics Heating up… maybe we should slap @D-Rog around for putting that in the wrong topic?

1 Like

I don’t understand why HQ 30th 1:100 foil 9.8 sells for $100, yet the 1:50 gets $80 to $120 for a 9.8. Is it cause there’s 2 characters on the 1:50?

It was related to the Void comic with Jetfire on the cover
Of the 1:100. So it’s still on topic…and TF 11 is still a comic with potential to heat up because KCC said so.

7 sales today after only a few the past month.

Btw, my PC copy. I Maybe paid $10. Sent in to CBCS myself. :wink:

7 Likes

Is there any news or rumors that I missed regarding Darth Vader #3 (first Doctor Aphra)? I noticed on Ebay that there was a bit of a run on them today with roughly 13 copies sold. That’s not tons I know but at more than double of how many usually sell per day from what I can tell.

There were a similar run on them when cgc 9.8s dipped below $300. I didn’t purchase any as I thought they were going to drop even further. You can now get them for under $200. I imagine it’s maybe one or two buyers picking up a bunch now that they are so cheap. Raw copies so cheap right now.

2 Likes