Modern Comics Heating Up (Those With Potential Too) (Part 1)

Spiderverse, Venomverse, where’s the chorus?

I know, it’s a bad joke.

In between multi verses.

I knew I liked you :smiley:

Mary Jane finally gets a costume and goes by the name Jackpot in Amazing Spider-man #31

4 Likes

Gee … i didnt see this coming.
:man_facepalming:
:roll_eyes:

3 Likes

Does she become a card dealer at the Bellagio? lol

2 Likes

I remember how the first Jackpot was heavily hinted to be Mary Jane before randomly turning out to be a new character. Weird times.

3 Likes

Ramos has played fast and loose with anatomy forever, but he has her head so small here. Nine to 9.5 heads tall.

7 Likes

How big is Peter (you know what I’m sayin’)? That’s a hell of a gap.

1 Like

Well, if Ramos draws Peter’s head the same size as hers… how many of those will fit? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

3 Likes

Negative head variant is the next big thing. Get with the times, guys.

1 Like

Besides anatomy issues I like the look.

Hey-oh

5 Likes

The same comics in the UK dont sell for anywhere near the prices they so in the US, If I’m quick, I can normally get most comics at cover price and multiple copies to boot, They will rise in price over here, but they won’t go through the roof because they’re just aren’t enough people who collect comics… Nowadays there’s more supply than demand… And I’m more than happy with that it means that when a comic is selling well, I can normally grab many copies of it before it runs dry.

5 Likes

What cover is this to ASM 31?

Design variant

Can’t seem to find it anywhere. Don’t recall the design variant being offered for issue 31.

I’m guessing the classified negative space variant will be her in costume, though.

1 Like

Probably right

Tread carefully. We don’t know for sure yet the new costume is on there. Why reveal the design beforehand if it is on the classified cvr?

Looks like her powers and bracelet debuted here…

in issue #4, JACKPOT is mentioned…

1 Like