Modern Comics Heating Up (Those With Potential Too) (Part 1)

Dude gets a bad wrap. He just wanted to touch the lady’s hair. In all seriousness, a very sad story.

2 Likes

That was a good one

1 Like

Just meant whoever it was, isn’t too bright

1 Like

So it sold for that? Anyway to confirm it’s actually been paid for? Or that it wasn’t some lackey bidding it up?

1 Like

Damn that person got fleeced

Some people get caught up in the thrill of winning…and the price doesn’t matter, just the win.

Sad fact is they really didn’t win…they lost by paying multiples over going price. 9.8s go for less.

4 Likes

This book seeing new highs

Spider-Punk is getting his comeuppance. I sold 3 Amazing Spider-Man #10 Web warrior Variants over the past two weeks. Was a steady seller until I went dry on them.

1 Like

Its cause of whatever that universe taskmaster, which is based off the misfits

1 Like

Marvel probably hoping Sony wants to use all these new spidey related characters in animated shows or films. Marvel can negotiate higher percentages this way

Earth 138.

This book will always show up in threads with the subject of “Mildly Inappropriate Covers.”

That’s true. I wonder how often this place is selling books at record prices?

2 Likes

It’s funny how much interest the inappropriate generates

Let’s face it. It’s only inappropriate for kids, and anyone marketing this to kids should be ridiculed. But for a hobby that is dominated (not all, but clearly the great majority) by young to middle aged males, having a sexy girl may be the most appropriate thing out there - unless it comes with free beer.

1 Like

Anything marvel releases peceived as having any sexual connotation is treated as inappropriate by the 2ndary market

We havent seen a 1:25 being priced this high in a long time. So why ?

Most of the Ebay sellers arent stores, but have PRH accounts.

We all know the value on new released ratios nosedives weeks to months later. This variant isnt rare. The Venomverse books havent raised in value, just like the Edge of Spider-verse books. These new characters are a dime a dozen. And with Death of The Venomverse coming, why are some people paying stupid prices for this ?

3 Likes

I legit saw someone on instagram who had like 8 copies or something smh

2 Likes

FOMO.

And I think Momoko’s popularity and that it’s a Manga style character is adding to the “cool” factor.

And if there is a positive fan response, Marvel will find a way to begin milking the cow…death of venomverse or not.

3 Likes

The artist is Okazaki whose been getting some popularity on marvel books lately

1 Like