Modern Comics Heating Up (Those With Potential Too) (Part 1)

Only a matter of time before they rise above cvr price

1 Like

Yup it is. I even see the 1:25 starting to come down. One of the FB shows I frequent tried to sell the 1:25 as a NM- for $200. I’m like WTF.

I did buy one through my LCS well before the pump at $30, so for me as a Venom fan this is cool to have but not for the pump and dump prices.

1 Like

Listings like this really make me chuckle

1 Like

Terrible art :skull:

1 Like

Because it is Ramos. Goes hand in hand.

Smh…that’s not even a wolverine…

Hey, I like Ramos’ artwork!

2 Likes

If you’re going to spec on Jimmy Hudson then the newsstand edition is the way to go. I’ve seen two of them and own both.

2 Likes

This is a Key Collector sheep, followed by Comic Tom sheep, purchases driving this one up. I like the character and have found these cheap numerous times. While o don’t find it to be bad spec, if Deadpool is going around killing bad characters this could be one to kill.

Looks like they are overpaying though and driving the prices up. Remember if you are purchasing something that has made a list you are buying too late.

5 Likes

why are people pumping jimmy this time around?

1 Like

But we want the uninformed collector people to buy high… but yes, if you’re buying for investment, you’re not investing wisely… buy low, sell high… not buy high, hoping it goes higher… particularly on a modern book.

1 Like

I already have some of this and the adams foil claw edition

1 Like

I think origins 10 is getting a bump, too

1 Like

Pretty amazing how after so many years that hobbyists still fall for the same game.
Different players over the years. Different “influencers”. Different platforms.
But essentially the same game.
You’d think most would learn.
At some point the word “FOMO” doesn’t even cut it anymore after one gets burned time and time and time again. At some point FOMO changes to just pure “Dumb”.

3 Likes

I subscribe to Covrprice and I still dont see how the raw AVGs are aggregated. they give no source, just lists of prices and dates.

2 Likes

I question all those who come up with numbers when they don’t reveal where or how they’re coming up with the stats from sources. Take it all with a grain of salt…

2 Likes

Yeah, I make a living off uninformed buyers (and stores too), but don’t want our community members to be those people.

4 Likes

Mile High has NM copies of the villain variant for $180 AFTER the super-secret code word! This is before they get wind of it making lists and heating up. (rolls eyes)

Their prices are laughable. I doubt much of their revenue is from back issues

1 Like