Modern Comics Heating Up (Those With Potential Too) (Part 1)

It is a DC swimsuit edition with pin ups and lots of cheesecake.

2 Likes

Gnort’s a Green Lantern, made an appearance in the recent Tom King Human Target series. Not sure what he’s got to do with swimsuits…

2 Likes

I RARELY dabble in DC spec anymore. However, I did pay a little over 2x ratio for the Villalobos as I think that’s a beautiful cover. Of course, that’s not an indicator of anything, but, it might be a little insight as to why it’s selling well.

I’m excited to get that in-hand … :joy:

DC spec may be good again when Gunn gets going with his universe. The first couple of those films will set the tone for nay future phases and how well books may do.

1 Like

because it worked so well on gotg? peacemaker?

1 Like

Suicide Squad? Good luck with that. My spec advice is buy good books, and evergreen keys.

I saw one of the moderately big Youtubers in the northeast state he enjoyed the 1st Suicide Squad movie.
I haven’t paid attention to his pick ups in the past; and now I REALLY won’t after hearing that.
It does provide me enjoyment watching someone be over 6 months late to the game every single time

I did really well on peacemaker but I bought his silver keys very early on.

Suicide Squad is pretty good. It wasnt a good spec book in general.

I really liked the Gunn-helmed, “Suicide Squad,” and quite enjoyed, “Peacemaker,” as well. I’m cautiously optimistic about what he’ll be doing with DC’s movies and shows.

3 Likes

I was referring to the 1st Suicide movie.
I did enjoy the 2nd.
The 1st … i cant even find words to describe

2 Likes

I never saw the first. I heard it was awful and skipped it.

2 Likes

A little bump in prices for Prelude to Deadpool Corps 2. All cheap copies sold. Sellers fishing for $20-30 now.

1 Like

Ha. I got a set for $9.99 of 1-5 and sold it for $60 shipped. Sold it in about 12 hours. That Prelude to Deadpool was a decent flip.

4 Likes

Again, this is not a 1-per-store

If you can find a store that has it, flip it

DSTLRY doesnt have a long term future when their books have $8.99/$9.99 cover prices. Thats how you kill demand…

Even their webstore (yes they have a webstore) is aimed at taking advantage of the secondary market…

3 Likes

Having magazine-sized comics is another way to kill demand.

5 Likes

That’s exactly right. I was looking over FOC and whatever title they are offering currently was listed. Seemed kinda interesting. I looked at the price and just closed the tab.

1 Like

:100: :100:

I wonder if publishers went back to newsprint if the prices could get back down to $2.99.

How much is this fancy interior paper costing us? 99% of comics published are not worth the paper they are printed on…so stop printing them on that paper.

4 Likes

newsprint you say…