Modern Comics Heating Up (Those With Potential Too) (Part 1)

By the time I got onto the Young Avengers bandwagon it was a $30 to $40 dollar book. I bought one for the pc but the directors cut was still going for $5 to $10. Bought a handful of them. A lot of people didn’t think they would be worth much but they have been going nuts as well!

2 Likes

I have a set of the Young Avengers that I got last year. I think I will get most graded eventually and put them away for he time being.

I don’t see the alert on KC, did it get deleted?

Some set leaks came out of Ethan Hawke and people are still speculating on whose role he’s playing. It may not be Sun King

Its under spec deck

2 Likes

I have some Moon Knight 188 2nd prints around here somewhere.

1 Like

Saw first 2 episodes of Jupiters Legacy I thought it wasn’t bad will finish the rest of
it eventually.

Jupiter’s Legacy 1 copies have been moving ‘but’ the prices have not really moved higher ala Umbrella Academy.

The 1:25 Sketch 9.8 have not broken the $285 high level even with show release.

Kind of interesting. We shall see what the market says about the series.

Eh, It’s a profit now and that’s what I wanted. I’ve got some other things I’m holding onto but usually, I hold onto very little besides my Moon Knight stuff and some other sentimental items I don’t plan to sell. Anything else of note I always sell pretty quickly once it can make money. I hold very little, as I said. I’ve jumped the gun a number of times, but dumped stuff before it cooled too, so it’s all good.

4 Likes

That’s my mantra… no regrets. Did I make profit? Yes, then I’m good. No reason to look back and dwell on what I could have made.

3 Likes

With moderns it’s better to at least keep one copy no regrets profit on the extras but you don’t want to have to rebuy a book later for more than you profited.

3 Likes

I like to keep to the “buy 2, flip 1, rinse and repeat” philosophy too. Let my flips pay for my PC.

1 Like

I’m like @drunkwooky, I keep very little and do massive purges of stuff. Saves me on my limited space and from being stuck with stuff that becomes worthless. I see the other argument to save stuff too, but yeah.

2 Likes

Same here. I was amazed to see that it already doubled in price.

This is my only box of non-Star Wars stuff:

2 Likes

Nice, now let’s see ur Star Wars stuff : P

I typically do 3 copies, 1 to sell immediately to cover the cost, 1 to sell if the price rockets up ( there are instances where its gone the other way) and 1 already paid for for the pc.

I think @agentpoyo is testy about one user taking up all their server space to show off a collection or some pet peeve like that.

2 Likes

Wow, that massive, huh? Nice! : )

Yah man… We ain’t your personal Instagram… :wink:

But honestly, right now CHU is backed up comfortably to a server I run and pay for to keep costs down for backups. One day that might change with this very fast growing site and yalls bazillion pics. :wink:

5 Likes

Just delete the dog pics; that ought to save us a gig or two, right?

1 Like

Dog pics go in The Pets of Chu

2 Likes