Modern Comics Heating Up (Those With Potential Too) (Part 1)

I cleaned Mile High out of Sub Mariner #19…how could I pass them up given the incredible savings of their 50% off sale! THIS IS THE WAY! :slight_smile:

Completely kidding! I did, in fact, buy that copy I posted last weekend though. It has a special place in my heart now!

1 Like

I’m onboard but we do that right before the day we hang up our jackets and call it quits… cause when @Anthony calls it quits, I’m sure I am too… by force cause he’ll be jerking the chain to whatever next adventure he goes on… :wink:

2 Likes

I was watching and had bidded on a direct version. It went for $72, omg. I could have bought it for $22-24 a month ago. smh

1 Like

Ha. Let’s do that video.

3 Likes

Keep an eye out for all of these. I continue to find it interesting that Once & Future doesn’t really get much attention or love, yet issues are not all too easy to find with many quietly rising pretty significantly.
All of these go for good prices. Be sure to check for the later printings as well as they are also seeing good increases. We discussed #9 awhile ago…but the others have followed suit. I personally love everything about this series. Grabbed another copy of all but #9 today while specifically looking for them.
#7,8,9,10,11

7 Likes

Added to the list.

1 Like

Dan Mora has been having fun with the art on the book and it shows! He is working his butt off churning out this book on a monthly basis, whilst also working on art chores on the main Detective comics!

4 Likes

Highly underrated artist IMHO

2 Likes

I think someone killed Peach Momoko

:pleading_face:

6 Likes

doing too many covers and just phoning it in. Now, nothing has a full body and it’s basically a torso sketch with a flowery border

4 Likes

This happened to Artgerm as well. So many offers, which translates to more income.
Can’t blame them as fame is fleeting, gotta grab it while they can.

Thanks Devildog, great share with those Once & Futures. I bought and read the first 6 issues, liked them but stopped reading. I am now up to date and it’s getting better fast. Dan Mora’s art is really good. All the issues you posted are sold out in the UK or at an inflated price. But you still can get 1-6 and recent issues… for now. I think the buzz will continue to grow on this one.

1 Like

Sweet. Managed to grab some of these copies from my LCS.

I have been reading and collecting Once and Future since issue 1 have been getting the 1:10 ratios from tfaw as well.

2 Likes

Also grabbed the OA for the earlier covers

9 Likes

that is awesome

1 Like

I think this was already mentioned, but keep an eye out for copies of Wynd 1 (1st, 2nd and 3rd print). These are selling really well. I found 5 copies in the wild last week, and the ones I listed moved quickly.

4 Likes

Thanks for the info. Last I checked my shop had a stack ir Wynd #1 1st print. I’ll have my wife check for me tomorrow.

First print is doing well, but 2nd and 3rd prints are the winners at the moment.

1 Like

I’m a bit surprised at the heat Nottingham continues to sustain. Issue #3 is doing very, very well and I would have assumed the word of mouth, awareness would have eliminated potential on it. I wonder if many folks/shops thought #1 was just a FOMO book and ignored it moving forward.