Modern Comics Heating Up (Those With Potential Too) (Part 2)

UK is a different market all together

They see all our ridiculous social problems perpetuated by the main stream media and they see enough people dumb enough to believe it

Just a random sampling of covers post-300.

1 Like

Spawn 350 was not likely to be hot out of the gate. Aside from a few gunslinger covers it hasn’t been since before 300.

350 is long term spec. It’s about the Mcfarlane cover art variants. And it takes a while for those to appreciate in demand/value as spawn collectors slowly drain eBay

look at the issues leading up to and after 300
it’s pretty much spawn art that has appreciated
aside from a Mattina cover here or there.

1 Like

I’ve had a steady drain on Spawn issues numbered less than #330 but it finally slowed down some the last year or so. I’m hoping #350 reignites the buying. I had a regular stop at #329 for about a year and just took every copy of #330 both covers starting to refill the gap he missed. Maybe there’s some light at the end of the tunnel but my biggest fear is Todd’s about to kill off the market entirely this year. Didn’t they announce like 12 new Spawn titles THIS year? I’ve got a regular who gets 3 copies of every cover of all 4 currently but if they start adding more to the mix, I could see him dropping back to just of each and shrinking total sales chasing wider title diversity.

One for the week after this one.

For every 3 copies ordered of 0124IM888 of SIX FINGERS #1 (OF 5) Second Printing (MR), you will receive an additional 2 free copies. You will not need to enter an order for these free copies as they will be added after FOC during the audit.

1 Like

1 Like

You all are arguing about Spider-Boy? That’s so 2023.

3 Likes

Even worse
 it’s “Boy Spider”

2 Likes

Seriously? I didn’t imply every issue had it after he broke the record, I implied every time he does add the banner
 FFS

Learn to relax, it’s like you take it on a personal level and I’m not even talking bout you. :man_facepalming:

Just to clarify, Spawn 350 was for the PC and I was just commenting that the cover B, the color McFarlane, was the fast moving one. D-rog was right in his FOC piece on the book. I doubt it has huge long term spec, but out of the multitude of covers for that issue, D-rog called it.

Autocorrect keeps trying to change it to D-Roy which is cracking me up.

1 Like

We need a thread that will be all about venom
Not the character but to get out and take out all frustrations CHU members have with each other for whatever reason.

or am I?

2 Likes

Show me on the Todd McFarlane action figure where he hurt you. Why do you have a bias against him? Surely something must have happened to cause so much disdain for the man and all of his works.

I agree. Some people here need to let out some steam and this “venom” post will do them well

Or, maybe just lean into the concept of assuming positive intent a bit more. We probably don’t need to jump down anyone’s throat for having comic book opinions.

– Friday Thoughts by Joe –

8 Likes

The CHU community has been growing a lot over the past decade. Tony should make a CHU holiday where for 24 hours, at the end of every post “remember I love you” will be added, no matter what was written.

4 Likes

Wasn’t even talking bout action figures
 :thinking:

Bias? There’s no bias, I’m entitled to my opinion and take on him just like everyone else who target other creators, vendors, publishers, retailers, etc. The real bias is those who are afraid for some reason to point out this man’s flaws
 seems too many are too quick to defend this man.

And I give Todd credit where it’s due
 you only focus on me when I’m pointing out the negative stuff, probably since it’s pretty obvious you don’t like me either. Also, I don’t have anything against the guy directly, most of it is his actions I’m not keen about.

But anyways
 if you wanna discuss Todd and what he sucks at or is good at, PM me if you want
 I might entertain the idea of talking more, but probably won’t.

Getting hot in here today :grin:

2 Likes

@Joe - HOW DARE YOU. WE ALL KNOW WHAT THIS MEANS. I WILL HAVE MY REVENGE.

3 Likes

Ha. I see what you did there.

Happy Friday everyone.

1 Like