Modern Comics Heating Up (Those With Potential Too) (Part 2)

Thanks, ToddW. As someone who spends under $100 per week at their LCS and likes to flip the occasional book to feed their hobby, I have found this thread to be inscrutable lately what with all the screenshots of DOS-based ordering platforms.

I’m a simple man – give me a screengrab from the Deadpool trailer and a screenshot of a Secret Wars #3 sale, and I’ll smoke 'em if I got 'em (which I did – thanks CHU)!

3 Likes

Simple fix, change the title to something that says that.
Comics x to y years old the price is changing on. Modern is a generic term. What it feels like you want sounds like it falls under the title Alert alert alert.

You could have multiple titles but as someone who basically is just taking 30 seconds out of a busy day to try to help others, I’m really not interested in spending half an hour or more digging thru who knows how many buried titles to find something that fits the subject exactly. I’m remembering some of the reasons I tend to go silent here for years at a time since trying to help others isn’t wanted unless you can take large amounts of time to figure out where everyone wants a comment at first. As I mentioned, it isn’t an incentive or ratio, it’s a freebie that will most likely be placed out on the shelf mixed in with others from the same series. It is modern and it will most likely heat up or already has by the definition of the title regardless of whatever the limitation for subject matter was intended to be originally.

I believe the correct phrase for action here is “down periscope, resume silent running” so we don’t offend anyone else with helpful free information.

Enjoy.

4 Likes

Hope not. Can’t please everyone, but I agree that “Modern Comics” is a very broad term. I didn’t find BJ in the wrong here.

I appreciate we have organizational-minded people here – a strength in comic fans! – but the topic stratification is sometimes more extreme than it needs to be. For example, there are 10+ flavors of “I like what you got”. I love seeing peoples’ scores but three sub-divisions (like say, comics/magazines, toys/collectibles, and art) would cover it all just fine. IMO.

2 Likes

Something is Killing the Children #36 - Artgerm Variant - Cover H has made it onto the CovrPrice Weekly Shakers list.

Obviously an opinion here, but that might be the best SIKTC cover in the series. The Thank You variant of this isn’t quite as good, as the color is desaturated. Still nice, though. I could see that warming up.

Only one sale but a good sign

1 Like

It’s a big one. Let’s just hope MyComicShop didn’t put in 3k extra copies in their order.

MCS = the death of spec.

1 Like

I have no evidence that this book will heat up, but Lore returns with a few nice covers in Scarlet Witch #3. First app is Scarlet Witch 2 from 1994. Might be sitting in dollar bins. My lone copy was. Potential for some short-term heat.

First app:

Good covers help:

1 Like

There’s nothing wrong with topics sort of evolving over time, they’re gonna drift a bit but there’s also nothing wrong with steering it back in the right direction. There is no right or wrong here… I only felt that this was just becoming a one and all type of dump of info after it was brought up by another member. We want more topics started… if one can post in existing because its suited for that topic, then by all means throw in the existing ones but at a certain point for these bigger topics that draw in more comments, we should try to steer them in the right directions at times.

But now we’re hijacking the topic by discussing the topic meaning… Just got to move on with the actual discussion.

1 Like

see scarlet witch “pre season 2” spec

So, take your own reason to just post in whatever suits it best to someone who is reading a topic looking for relevant information to only find a bunch that’s not relevant? You don’t want to spend the time posting yet you expect others to spend the time reading information they might not need or want to read cause it’s posted in the wrong topic? That doesn’t seem right…

Everyone should take the time in adding comments or information that is relevant to the topic as closely as possible. If you can’t find a existing topic, start a new one if you feel the need to.

No reason to threaten to leave and go silent… you keep saying that but yet you don’t! I’m sure there’s a clinical term for such things but no one is asking you to leave but I feel bringing it up every time someone doesn’t agree with a comment or post is rather pointless. No reason to take anything on this site personally.

Anyways, just felt those needed to be brought up… now let’s carry on with the discussion. If ya wanna talk about this other stuff, move it to DM/PMs please.

2 Likes

That Cover A of Spider-Woman #7 is on Midtown if anyone is all that interested.

Limited to one

We need a new topic to talk about making topics…

2 Likes

Something is telling me it’s not worth the risk…if I find a copy on Wednesday maybe I’ll try a quick flip…but not investing more than cover.

3 Likes

Looks like it’s happening.

2 Likes

Rob has been halfway talking about this off and on during live streams. He at one point said “I’ll never release a movie through WB except for maybe one. That’s because of some of the big name talent attached to one project.” I assumed it was Prophet but turns out it’s Avengelyne.

1 Like

Am epic Prophet flick would be cool though. Full of sci-fi stuff.

1 Like