Modern Comics Heating Up (Those With Potential Too) (Part 2)

Someone is getting fired…

1 Like

16 pages are missing, yet it doesn’t impact the story. Maybe stop putting so much junk backup stuff in?

4 Likes

But then how else would they justify charging you $9.99?

1 Like

At first figured there has to be a typo…either the 16 is really 6…or doesn’t effect story really meant DOES effect story…

But after some thought…yeah…it’s likely correct…

PROMO SURPRISE MAY VARIANT

Coming Monday in the shipment with all the red bands and free teeth. Anyone figured out what it is yet?

This…?

Deadpool & Wolverine WWIII #1

Cover G Incentive Gabriele Dell Otto Brown Costume Variant Cover

4 Likes

This threads about Modern comics that are going up in value or have the potential. In an effort to turn this thread back into what it was originally, I’m going to post something on topic.

And it’s not even his first appearance. He fully appears in Final Crisis #7. Which is also available in newsstand in both covers.

7 Likes

I’ve actually got one of those. Can I send you some photos and get a grade guesstimate?

1 Like

Me?! I may have seen your copy but I’m always happy to help out.

I’m pretty sure most surprise variants have ended up going up in value above the cover price by the time they get to the stores and we manage to identify what they are. Especially when they’re limited to only 1 per store. Some copies may leak out onto shelves at cover which people may want to know that they’re out in the wild which this one will be once the UPS deliveries start arriving.

This person appears to have 2 copies already and is asking over $60 for a $4.99 cover price comic Anthony or AP will probably find for cover. Marvel Comics DEADPOOL and WOLVERINE WWIII #1 May Surprise Variant Cover (2024) | eBay

1 Like

That’s all fun and exciting but I don’t need a tiny comic shop tutorial. While I do appreciate your contributions, keep the shit relevant.

2 Likes

What is not relevant? As I just explained, it’s apparently exactly relevant. It’s a modern comic which is right there in the title of the topic and it appears to be heating up which is also in the title and at least has the potential to which is also in the title from the moment we knew it was arriving now thru Monday.

3 Likes

I like surprise variants.

I figure some Chusters might and this was the appropriate place to let them know so they can start trying to line a copy up before they’re all gone and others are benefitting from the heat.

The thread used to be modern comics heating up. It didn’t include every incentive that will sell a few copies at ratio, which they all do.

I’m just asking people to stay on topic, in the spirit and meaning of the thread. I have other opinions but I’ve got other, more important things vying for my attention.

7 Likes

I agree. The spirit of this topic originally I thought was to highlight existing modern books heating up organically for reasons other FOMO, etc.

If we want to start a new topic that covers variants, one per store or other types of comics heating up, by all means, that’s why the “New Topic” button is for.

2 Likes

I finally got around to listing my Avengers Twilight 1 first print. :grin: Already sold 2 copies today for $27 shipped each. They’re still selling well and I’m seeing some sellers bumping up their BIN price. Creeping up. I’m going to keep a few copies to see how Zdarsky ends the series. Hoping he sticks the landing but I got faith in Zdarsky.

1 Like

Mine are still sitting at $18 plus shipping.

I had them up for $19.99 + shipping or best offer. Both were sold today with no offer made. Love it when that happens, been getting a lot of that lately.

He’s also on the cover of the variant…so this isn’t even a first cover.

1 Like