Modern Comics Heating Up (Those With Potential Too) (Part 2)

Not too shabby

3 Likes

That Blood Hunt #1 Variant with Thor’s head on the cover is definitely on fire.

Interesting note, I’ve seen some big time, golden age type collectors post about “wanting that book” as it themes nicely with their actual Crime Suspense #22 in a display.

The #2 homage variant with Wolverine is pretty cool and will follow the same pattern imo.

4 Likes

I can say that I passed on copies at $40 from MCS, and now regret it

4 Likes

They were at 35 when I thought about ordering at MCS. I feel ya man

1 Like

MCS had 50 copies available
 wowzers

I found one for $25 and another for $50. Sold the first for around $80, I’ve not listed the second one yet.

2 Likes

Well
passed on two of them at my shop priced at $75.
Bad week for me given my miss on those other cheap , old variants I whiffed on.

At least I locked in the Wolverine one I suppose.

Can’t rain all the time!!! :blush:

2 Likes

The Momoko variant seems to be the book that’s driving these 3 book sets. Cheapest copy is $20 plus shipping currently. There are a ton of A covers, many sitting as low as $12.

1 Like

Seems like the supply is the least of the 3 covers, as well. The Nauck hasn’t done poorly

Wow after seeing the ebay sales on blood hunt 1:25 going for around $250 today, I feel lucky I snagged one from mcs for $40 last week! I’m really tempted to put it up for auction now

2 Likes

I think this is a good example of sell while you can. I really do think that book is pretty cool and eye catching but
I also think there are a great deal of them out there. Blood Hunt was ordered pretty darn heavily. My own echo chamber, but shops that typically don’t have but one of variants like that had at least two or three of them.

You know the other thing I love about it is the fact it is polybagged. You can sell these with far less worry about "this isn’t a NM/9.8, blah, blah, blah, returns. So much easier.

You can really buy a book you’ve likely always wanted from the flip on this one. My longwinded .02 as always. :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Yeah definitely seems like a quick flipper. But the non-Red Band orders did not count towards qualifying for the Red Band 1:25 ratio. The Red Band had a higher cover price, too. These insane prices are golden age collectors bidding each other up. They have too much money to spend lol.

3 Likes

Sold mine, wanted it from when it came out, but sold it for $300 CAD so seemed a no brainer. At least I got to enjoy it for a little bit, looking through that sealed bag!

4 Likes

good luck next weeks

5 Likes

Tempted??? That book won’t be worth 20 bucks here very soon. You need to list it literally within the hour.

Are these all secret one per stores?

eBay lists them as ratios. No luck involved because they’ll be overpriced out is the gate and just sitting there.

1 Like

There are 1:100 AND 200

1 Like

This could get hot soon. 1st app of Pia, a new student at the academy

2 Likes

Zero for cover price on eBay (and just 4 total copies available buy it now). Out of stock at Midtown and MyComicShop.

2 Likes

Out of stock at PRH

1 Like