Modern Comics Heating Up (Those With Potential Too) (Part 2)

I’ll be 54 in September, but that Popeye arcarde game was one of my all time favorites!

1 Like

Popeye, Donkey Kong 3, some of my all time favorites

1 Like

Ducktales ftw

I will never forget 007 373 5963

1 Like

The cheat code to go right to Tyson

1 Like

That was probably my greatest gaming conquest, beating Tyson. I never could beat Double Dragon or Ninja Gaiden, though.

1 Like

Double Dragon all you had to do was the elbow facing away from your opponent. You can finish the entire game using just the elbow :grin:

First I’ve heard of this. Time to crank up the emulator.

1 Like

Yeah I found that out at the arcade as a kid, just kept on doing it lol.

1 Like

The thing I like about Mike Tyson’s Punchout is each boxer had a tell. If you could recognize their tell and the combo they did after it you could easily beat the game. Problem was I was too young and stupid and just wanted to button mash. Now I have beaten it. I played Zelda Recently at work straight through and still had a couple of hours to spare on getting work done b

1 Like

Since we’re talking about NES games, gotta say that Battletoads was the most difficult game I ever played. And no, I didn’t come close to beating it.

2 Likes

That was my book tha sold. I know that there is a ton of heat around Daredevil and Deadpool right now, but this series, especially #1 (1st print) and #2 sell as soon as I find them. Be on the lookout today.

Also if you are scouring racks for potential flips for $10+, I’ve sold over the last 3-4 weeks about 5-6 copies of Geiger: Ground Zero #2 (Cover A). Check out closed Ebay auctions. It’s sneaky and sells right away when I find them. Must have a very low print run.

Good hunting everyone!

5 Likes

If it is a low print/scarcity thing, it’ll be interesting to see what the 1:25 goes for. Recent sales had it slightly over cover…you would think the 1:25 would be more desirable…but this is 2024 after all…

1 Like

Image ratio variants rarely hold value. Cover A is always the winner in the end a majority of the time.

Donkey Kong 3 is such an underrated arcade classic… No idea why Nintendo doesn’t release their own Arcade 1up type cabinets.

1 Like

I would love an Arcade 1up style with all the Donkey Kong games. Really thinking of building an emulator cabinet for them and Mario. I think they appeared on the Atgames store at one time

1 Like

This. Also baffled.

1 Like

Understood. Im just saying it could be interesting.

SIKTC Frisson FOC cover is a prime example. It’s iconic in its own way as so many of the follow on issues “homage” it…yet Cover A (a cover you would not normally stand out as iconic) has become anointed as the cover to have, and thus organically become iconic in its own way…

It’s kind of like SEGA never releasing many of their super scalers or system 32 games to the home market. Pretty much leaving money on the table. I guess that’s what emulators are for, but it would be nice to see more official releases in arcade cabinets.