Modern Comics Heating Up (Those With Potential Too) (Part 2)

A rogue AI becomes Venom, basically? Could be fun.

USM is one of the top books coming out each month. I read #1 and dropped every other Spider-Man book I was getting.

2 Likes

Oh, probably very low chance of catching fire but Batman 89 is more than just the first app of Punchline. It also introduced a couple of assassins and one of them is Gunsmith. He recently popped up in Batman 151. I don’t think he’s been seen since the early Tynion run. Very likely nothing but, again, “potential” to heat up.

1 Like

3 Likes

Videogame homages can be pretty funny.

Rare gem wow!!

Not getting rich here, but I’ve sold three copies of Grommets 1 now. My shop has a stack, so I just grab one each time I go in. They’ve all sold before I’ve gone back into the shop. Rinse and repeat. Pays for the pulls.

2 Likes

What you get for them? I posted a couple. Nibbles no bites so far

Me no likely the nibbles.

Good Grief…I actually went pretty heavy (my idea of heavy is 1 or 2 of most covers lol) on the Popeye book and tried to get some of each cover simply because I’ve always liked Popeye. Of course I didn’t get the video game one because it really didn’t call to me. Can’t win em all.

grabbed all the covers, felt this was under the radar…

i thought Final Fight was going to do better than i thought also but oh well.

Since we’re talking Popeye, and just in case someone isn’t aware…this is a Popeye book that passed the “heating up” phase long ago and is sure to burn your hands were you to luckily come across it. It’s still continues to cook though so I think it remains appropriate for the thread as well. Just store it in your memory banks for future hunts.
Man oh man I’d love to have this someday…darn ghost though

4 Likes

My shop was allocated the foc cover, and the copies that did show up were damaged

What Popeye game is that?

Here’s the Popeye I remember…and still have.

1 Like

Its just a video game comic cover, not a real game.

I believe it’s a real game, it’s a homage to Mike Tyson’s Punchout

1 Like

Yup

I know Punch Out is real… I just do not think that the Popeye video game is real, other than the classic one from our childhood

I can’t remember the first one, but the last two were $19 and $20 + shipping.