Modern Comics Heating Up (Those With Potential Too) (Part 1)

Let’s all get back to discussing modern books heating up instead of arguing over sources of info. I actually was thinking of posting about how I recently acquired a first appearance of Thrawn and then not a day later it starts trending again which was cool.

7 Likes

1 Like

There’s lots of sellers who would be happy to undercut your price.

Yeah, I don’t get it either. Must be a repeat seller and my reputation? :man_shrugging:

I meant any seller who holds his ground. Definitely nothing to do with your rep. I guess they make more with volume sales or have more overhead. Effective inventory management can translate to more profits

I guess I don’t buy DC blank covers that often…

Didn’t realize there wouldn’t be a “faux” cover of the original on the inside (like marvel does).

2 Likes

And there it is…that awesome first appearance…

Yes. That’s all the issue has to offer for Mr. Todd.

2 Likes

I have to dig mine out. I have a few that are graded. I think I will sell two and keep one for now.

The reprint is nice and bright. Cameos seem to matter more dc

Just to round this out.

Batman 357 1st appearance (2 panel cameo)
Detective 524 2nd appearance (1 panel cameo)
Batman 358 - did not appear
Detective 525 - 3rd appearance (10+ panels)
Batman 361 - 1st cover

If Tec 525 was a cover appearance (even as lame as the cover of BM361), that would be the book to own. But alas, they all kinda dilute his intro, so the market leans 367.

But this is why I prefer 366, 368 and 635 as the “significant 1st” books. 408/424/426-429 also must haves for Red Hood character development.

I’ll just have an artist draw Jason Todd on the cover of the blank. so then I have can have first appearance plus cover.

I have a few Darth Vader #1 blanks for the same reason (some day will have an artist draw Black Krrsantan on them).

2 Likes

Shenanigans alert!

10 Likes

What da f*&k ?

1 Like

Geesh.

lol…yea. I passed. MCS playing the Ebay game…

2 Likes

2 Likes

Good time to put these up if you have some…silly spec but smoke em if you got em. :slight_smile:

1 Like

1st appearance of STRAIGHTMAN, new Joker henchman. Basically ex-solider got brain washed to do the dirty deeds for the clown. Guy look like body builder that got confused. I think the $99 is probably a shill. If you look around not many sales or listing. Then again its a issue #3, maybe a low print issue relatively.

2 Likes

I forgot to look for that today. Shoot.

I did pick these up.

3 Likes

Why is the Moon Knight Annual heating up all of the sudden? What “hot spec” list triggered that? If I remember, it had various Moon Knights in it. Or is it just hot now because people think Moony will fight Kang?