Modern Comics Heating Up (Those With Potential Too) (Part 1)

Evidence?

1 Like

The comments on those CBSI articles are sometimes better than the articles themselves. So many weirdly angry and finicky folks. Makes us look positively pleasant even when we pick at each other.

4 Likes

Found 3 copies of the Image Anthology #8 in the dollar bins. Not a bad day.
What’s the hype with No One issue #1?

This is interesting…

2 Likes

The cover currently on PRH is…

It would be cool if Codex showed up on the cover, but I doubt it based on what’s showing on PRH’s retail website.

Has anyone seen this Codex cover?

2 Likes

How is it selling?

There is a podcast for it currently with Patton Oswald and Rachel Leigh Cook. Also, it’s a first appearance of the title character, which ties into the Massiveverse that started with Radiant Black. I preordered a few copies, but that’s mostly based on my enjoyment of RB. It sounds like a cool concept. Batman type hero in that world.

2 Likes

Codex could have 6 series, 300 appearances, and marry Miles Morales and I still won’t be able to move a third print :joy:

7 Likes

A cover and B cover? Maybe?

I have too many of those too… I do think though that the Codex book to have is Venom 25 2nd print. Not the unknown comics variant, the real 2nd print.

s-l500

3 Likes

Someday I’ll get my signed copy from TFAW…

8 Likes

Maybe this will bring some attention to Billie keys. Many probably don’t know she’s on the 1:25 for #1

3 Likes

I feel like we just finished an edge of spider-verse. How many edges are there?

2 Likes

Did they not say the previous edge of Spiderverse was the last Spiderverse ?

2 Likes

Yes

1 Like

And we believed it?

1 Like

lol. new volume comes out in May

1 Like

They were talking about the one where schmucks like us stop buying five of every cover. That’s when it is the last one.

2 Likes

No, they say End of Spiderverse will be the last. That is is until Dawn of Spiderverse

1 Like

Rise of the Spiderverse, The Spiderverse Strikes Back, Revenge of the Spiderverse could go on for millennia.

5 Likes

I prefer it that way in terms of spec. Would you rather it all end and the characters go nowhere? New ideas would cost them too much for premiere talent

3 Likes