Modern Comics Heating Up (Those With Potential Too) (Part 1)

Usually the LCS helps to consolidate and ship in bulk over here. So it is possible for the collector to submit a single.

The $150 would be all inclusive based on ebay’s current way of doing things.

And let’s not forget…. absolutely nothing great has gone on in new comics to the level of Tosin so far this year, so the pumpers have to drive something up. If we never see or dream of Dream Spider again, this will be an epic pump and dump due to a lull in action in the market. Some songs hit #1 because there isn’t anything better to compete with when they are released…. sell ‘em if you got them.

1 Like

I can tell you, there is no lull in the market. Plenty of books come out each week to spec on.

The pump and dumpers are focused on store variants right now…

2 Likes

I don’t disagree on there are plenty of books to try and spec on, but it just feels like nothing really “knock your socks off long term hit” has come out in 2023 so far, unless something is just slipping my mind right now. All the stuff showing up on the hot lists are older books, other than that Batman blank that people want or those musician covers (was that this year or the end of last?). As for any new major characters, kind of quiet so far I think. Maybe Ghost Light will heat up. I don’t know.

3 Likes

2022 was a good year. This year has been a disappointment for new characters being a hit from the jump

1 Like

Is it really that much?

Unless you resort to buying books online…and end up buying 10 before you get a 9.8 candidate because of bad shipping practices or bad marvel paper rubbing off on backing boards.

Some “older” books are not worth the effort because any raws out there are likely 9.6 and lower now…like Darth Vader #3.

1 Like

I was referring to newer books.

Of course older books, the grades for raws diminishes over time.

Even newer books this applies to. Especially marvel books which sell out.

It’s paper quality is so bad certain issues (like Spider Punk 1) are not easy to get a 9.8 to begin with…forget about how it’s stored or shipped. Gotta really study those photos online, ask for more and then cross your fingers it survives the journey to you.

1 Like

You all focusing on what’s actually wrong with this… it’s not the price, it’s the seller using the term “scarce”… This is not scarce!!

scarce - occurring in small numbers or quantities; rare.

There are plenty of other 9.8’s out there. Just because there aren’t others with a slab and grade assigned to more of these currently doesn’t mean they don’t exist.

2 Likes

I missed the “scarce”’thing. I ignore words like that in a description anyway.

I have 4 or so 9.8 quality copies. So hardly scarce.

“Scarce” must always be in relation to demand. A million copies is “scarce” if the everyone in the entire planet wants a copy each. Conversely, ten copies would not be if no one wants them.

Something is scarce when I want to sell it. When I want to buy it I like it plentiful.

2 Likes

I love how AnZ sells most their incentives at higher prices than everyone else

4 Likes

I’m more shocked that dumb buyers are paying those prices…

1 Like

who tf is anz comics and why should we care they’re fleccing people? Ive seen most of these ratios for much cheaper at other places

2 Likes

Seems like it’s B.S.

2 Likes

That is such a cringe article, who the f approved that and how much did they pay for it?

2 Likes

She holding a bat and a mallet with one hand behind her back?

Mycomicshop sold a lot of the variants for $9.99

1 Like