Modern Comics Heating Up (Those With Potential Too) (Part 1)

Scroll to the bottom. You’ll see it

Captain Carter will be in the MCU soon and her own Disney+ show lots of appeal.

5 Likes

3 Likes

The What If show?

BP3 $12
Spawn 327 $6
Strange Academy $9

double cover already?

3 Likes

She’s going have a solo show with this guy

They owe it to Haley Atwell and the fans of Agent Carter to give her a new show and movie appearances.

It’s thr Golden Apple way.

4 Likes

What’s interesting about this is that Ovan was the name of Han’s Stepfather in Leigh Bracket’s first draft of Empire Strikes Back, so this is a DEEP cut by Guggenheim back to the apocrypha!

Before the attack on the ice planet, Leia instructs Han to go on a mission to convince his stepfather Ovan Marekal, leader of “the Transport Guild,” to join the Rebellion. Brackett imagines Marekal as “the most powerful man in the galaxy next to the Emperor,” so he’s probably a good guy to have on your side. But as in the film, you never see that mission play out, since Han is busy running from the Empire and romancing Leia.

Den of Geek

4 Likes

Sounds like that would take a lot of time hahaha.

1 Like

Yup, Golden Apple loves to jack those prices up…

2 Likes

MCS has the Captain Carter 1:25 up for $58

https://www.mycomicshop.com/search?TID=55539987

yea the price on that and han/chewy #1 1:50 arnt very good. but few buy nows on ebay so will likely sell out

Yup. Passing on both

Noto cover is the best, IMO.

But I still think this Is not Han’s father Guy bumps into him? Obviously planned.

1 Like

I agree. I know they want you to think its Han’s father but I’m of the belief that its a rope a dope (just gut feeling). Hope I’m wrong as the current assumption makes for a cool first appearance in the book.

Setting speculative value aside. If it is a con, this is a really cool narrative exploration of fatherhood abandonment issues.

I mean, it’s yet another dysfunctional layer that makes Han interesting.

3 Likes

This one keeps on going up. Wild.

7 Likes

finally can put these up and sell them, been waiting for them to go up for months lol