Modern Comics Heating Up (Those With Potential Too) (Part 1)

Tfaw has the Eight Billion Genies #1 1:10 Variant up for $5.99. Swarm, swarm.

2 Likes

On key collector top 20 this week, super hot book? I dunno about that

8 million copies lol

4 Likes

Cool thing not mentioned about the book it’s kinda the birth of variants.

4 Likes

REMINDER, Malik becomes White Adam in BA #2. Better secure some copies of cvr e while you can. P.S. The costume is a little dorky.

2 Likes

Is the search function broken for some people…?

Already posted this weeks ago…

Sorry. I didn’t search for your comment.

but the e cover has omega red preview and hes going to be in sam and err i mean echo
along with brotther voodo, mephisto and angela

1 Like

BA 1 and 2 Foil covers will make a good set if his potential is realized.

It says REMINDER.

You’re AWFUL

I edited it after the fact

The informal definition of ‘scalping’ is; to resell at a large or quick profit.

‘Scalping’ is a very appropriate term for flipping new comics. :beers:

Avengers #58

Price seems a LITTLE high, bud…

8 Likes

There’s a sucker born every day.

1 Like

Need @ToddW to make an offer.

1 Like

He’s pricing it for 30 years in the future…gonna wait it out…

3 Likes

To be honest I don’t even think Mandalorian 1 (cover A raw) will be $150 in 30 years. However I do think the first cover of Mando and Grogu in a modern comic in Darth Vader 20 Sprouse variant has a chance. That book is somewhat monumental if you really think about it.

I don’t think I’m alone when I say the Mandalorian is what really turned me a Star Wars fan. It was just a few months ago that I finally decided to watch A New Hope for the very first time. Because of my love for comics and this forum its what has got me started in collecting Star Wars books.

There’s going to be a lot of younger people and kids who are just getting into Star Wars and the Mandalorian would be their gateway into the universe.

That’s why the more I think about it that Darth Vader Sprouse variant is going to be so important in the future. It’s still selling well but I’ve decided not to list any of my copies for the potential it does have. And even if it doesn’t reach that potential, I’ll still love to have these in my collection.

12 Likes

Sometimes making lowball offers is appropriate, right? If that’s what you meant.

1 Like