Moongirl and devil dinosaur cast announcement

@TheTinHat Funny you said that, I thought the exact same thing. Brought back memories of my kids watching those shows. Fairly Oddparents as well? (I think it was called that anyway).

1 Like

From that small snippet of repetitious song lyrics and “Moon Girl magic” catchphrase – I can already see that being instantly appealing for kids. Let’s see where it all goes.

3 Likes

I love Moon Girl’s name, Lunella Lafayette. Never selling my Moon Girl #1 or Devil Dinosaur #1. Love the covers and bought them before anyone cared. I hope they bring back the comic at some point.

5 Likes

100% in same boat and in agreement.

1 Like

yep looking at it through the eyes of its intended audience i think it will do well

2 Likes

Not until they’re in their 40s.

Looks for Moon girl #1 to be next generations UF4!!

4 Likes

glad I went hard on those #1s

I used this book to help teaching reading and gave every 2nd grader in that school a copy of Moon Girl Devil Dinosaur
 when it’s big buckos they’ll remember some dude who taught them to read gave them that book. lol

8 Likes

You did reduce the # of potential 9.8s out there so hope you kept a couple copies. Such a tiny print run, I would expect less copies of Moon Girl 1 exist (1st print, 2nd, Timely) than TMNT #1 (1st thru 3rd print).

2 Likes

the hiphop and ratio suffer badly from color rub

Even though we’ve never met, I credit you for introducing me as well. I remembered you were big on issue 28, and I’m like “what is this comic?” Some of my first “big new comic flips” as well
$25 profit off the rack was a big deal to me back then!

Now I have the full run, plus #1 in 9.8 and stocked up in several other keys issues
nearly all I got for cover or less
.many from dollar sales.

Thanks

1 Like

this one? :slight_smile: I Got several

3 Likes

I couldn’t figure it out what were wrong with all my signed 9.6s
 No color rubs on each one, the scratches are how the book was printed as it homaged Vince Staple’s “Summer time”
I looked so hard for the flaws on it. That was another thing. Everyone was looking for Cover A but I didnt want to pay $10-15 for cover A (ebay) so I bought a bunch of Hip Hop Variants for cover on MidTown.

2 Likes

i did same thing bought like 10 copies of it from midtown on clearance, unitll i found a nice priced 9.8 cover A

1 Like

trust me, I kept some, also but a lot of signed #1s from Midtown for cover, I sold one last year for $250.

2 Likes

While I’m not necessarily a big fan, it is really cool and makes me happy that this series brought happiness to others/many of you.

What makes this hobby incredibly rewarding. There really is something for everyone.

4 Likes

I have the Von Eeden 1:25 variant. Purchased for $30. Although I will not be losing on it; I certainly will not be making what I could have when I should have ditched it.

1 Like

Don’t count it out, cartoon spec can become gold. Look at star wars clone wars and rebels or Batman beyond

4 Likes

A raw sold for $305 on ebay a couple of days ago, what did they get up to? I didn’t t see many raws come up for sale when I was watching for them on ebay, prices got way too high quickly

2 Likes

I have a 9.6 (that is actually not a 9.6 imo). 9.6’s were in 4 figures at one point. I haven’t even checked lately and I think I have (had?) a mental block, still, about selling it because I know it’s not a 9.6. It’s a typical CGC w.t.h. grade.

1 Like

Just say so in the description of the book. I have an FF#1 Newsstand CGC 9.2 that’s definitely not a 9.2 and I wrote it up in the description.

1 Like