My Hero Academia Netflix movie

3 Likes

4 Likes

figured you would post that, again… :upside_down_face:

2-for-1 special, cant beat that.

4 Likes

I will watch it, but why does this guy Joby get to write another great property? His body of work is not long and he’s landed some of the bigger franchises to work with…Flash and Transformers: Rise of the Beasts, but Obi-Wan was not that good and most of his 4 writing credits have not been good. I know it’s my opinion, I just do not expect anything good to come from this. I will still end up watching it as I love the MHA.

1 Like

It seems in showbusiness being a good writer is a small element. Being quick, making stuff that is easy to film or low-budget, knowing the right people, having zero issues making changes, and so forth is probably important. Talent is barely important, I’d argue. It is sad, but look at some stuff that gets made and some folks who get work. Cough, Greg Land, cough.

2 Likes

Agreed. Yeah, all about $$ and who you know.

That live adaptation is already dead on arrival the moment they announced it. Lol

3 Likes

Live action anime is always doa, they’re always misses and yet Hollywood keeps trying

3 Likes

Their confidence to even adapt that particular anime is mind-boggling to say the least

3 Likes

One of my favorites is the Japanese Death Note live action. It ends with Light and L. The CGI is a little dated as it was early 2000’s but it was well done. Way better than that terrible netflix version.

1 Like