Myslabs - alternative selling platform

Just received an email from Beckett (CBCS Owner) promoting a new site for selling slabbed books. Given my rant about Heritage the other day, I am going to investigate further. In the meantime, thought others might want to give it a look too!

MySlabs : About Us

In overview, it sounds good - but devils and the details come to mind. Very happy for anyone to appraise it before I get the opportunity.

1 Like

I just got the same email; came on here to mention… and voila… a thread already!
I’d be interested in hearing folks feedback. It does sound good. That could be bad :slight_smile:

The low fees certainly sound nice. Not a bad way to gain a large early number of sellers.

Nice, the faster we can get off Ebay the better.

3 Likes

Sales Tax requirements are a bit different than Ebay’s also??
And payed directly into Paypal.
Sounds close to Ebay several years ago minus the 9%/10% cut + Paypal cut.

Intriguing

But they are all graded books, no raws?

1 Like

Correct

I was going to post something like “Suck it, @agentpoyo !!”

But that wouldn’t be very kind of me…so I’ll refrain.

:grin:

I encourage it.

We’re all so mean to @agentpoyo, but it comes from a place of love.

I wonder if Myslabs will be issuing a 1099-R at the end of 2022 if sales are over $600 per year :shushing_face:

I don’t like their terms outlined:

B. Terms of Sale

1. All Users agree that items listed for sale are sold in “as is” condition, with No Returns, Refunds or Exchanges.

2. NO RETURNS, REFUNDS OR EXCHANGES FOR ANY ITEM PURCHASED THROUGH THE SERVICES except for the following situations:

• a. If there is extensive damage to the Item’s protective container or holder, a Buyer may request a credit not to exceed $10 from the seller after providing sufficient photographic evidence of the damage to the Seller. Please note that scratches on the surface of the holder or chips or cracks in the holder do not qualify for any credit.

• b. If Seller ships the wrong item to Buyer, a full refund including cost of shipping to the Buyer is warranted.

So no refunds over $10 in damage circumstances? Yeah, â– â– â– â–  that!

Also, I can’t find any info on who’s running this website. Might of come from Beckett but all their contact info all leads to just opening a Zendesk ticket for support.

Seems VERY seller friendly. I like that :grinning:

2 Likes

Looks like the individual’s name that claims he’s in charge of Myslabs.com is a guy by the name of Matthew Greaney. Not a name that rings a bell to me.

Based out of NY too. No domain info, has privacy turned on. If you can’t provide any legit contact info besides an email or chat that creates a zendesk ticket, nope… nope… NOPE!!!

1 Like