Never Never - New Survival Horror from Heavy Metal

Never Never is a new survival horror/fantasy miniseries from the first wave of the new creator imprint Virus of Heavy Metal. Written by Mark McCann and art by Phil Buckenham, Never Never takes the classic fantasy setting of Peter Pan mixed in with elements from the Hunger Games, Kirkman’s Walking Dead and Lord of the Flies. Starring Winter who is whisked away to the magical world of Never Never but she soon finds herself in an adrenaline filled fight for survival as she’s being hunted by a band of lost boys.

This title is right up my alley, got this added to my pull. Anyone else checking this out? It’s coming out in July and there’s some preview pages. Warning it’s mature content and if you don’t like to see images of children being stabbed like SIKTC, don’t click :joy:

https://screenrant.com/interview-heavy-metal-never-never-comic/

2 Likes

I want now.

It sounds pretty cool and I trust Heavy Metal. Says the writer has a passion for survival horror and a fan of Romero. That’s all I need to hear lol. I’m reading The Rise right now, some of these new Heavy Metal titles are great.

I ordered a couple.

1 Like

This book looks good. I’ll see if my LCS can order me a copy. I would order from Heavy Metal’s web site but they don’t bag and board and they mail in flimsy mailers. My The Rise copies came like that so yeah…

1 Like

Should be readily available. I know a lot of my shops here carry lots of copies from Heavy Metal but that may not be the case for other stores. The Rise did sneak up on a lot of people so who knows.

I ordered a few when going through previews. Seems interesting.

1 Like

I remember when they announced the, “Virus,” imprint. It was right around when COVID-19 was becoming an issue and I wondered if they would change the name. They kept it!

2 Likes