New Galactus Maquette

26" tall, $850, Sideshow Collectibles

Uploading: galactus_marvel_gallery_6081a83993b2e.jpg…

ABOUT THIS MAQUETTE

“I am power incarnate! To Galactus, nothing is impossible!”

Sideshow presents the Galactus Maquette, prepared to devour your universe of Marvel collectibles.

The Galactus Maquette stands 26” tall, towering over an annihilated city landscape where buildings melt beneath his boots as he wields the fiery force of the Power Cosmic. Heralded by his loyal servants, Galactus brings naught but devastation in the endless quest to feed his planetary hunger, and this ill-fated world is simply one of many he must consume to maintain his godly strength.

The polystone Galactus Maquette is a fully sculpted marvel of intricate armor and otherworldly might. Inspired by his iconic appearance in Marvel Comics, this maquette features an immensely detailed metallic blue and purple costume with silver accents, capturing the futuristic appearance of the unstoppable Galactus. His signature helmeted portrait reveals a hint of the man who became a god, known throughout the multiverse as the Hunger that Does Not Cease. With his intimidating physique, crackling heat effects on his hands, and an unrelenting need to draw strength from the cosmos, Galactus is sure to make a world-shattering centerpiece on any shelf.

Pair Galactus with his herald, the Silver Surfer Maquette by Sideshow, for an incredible array of cosmic collectibles for your home. The Exclusive Edition of the Silver Surfer, sold separately, includes another herald of Galactus, a proximity piece of Frankie Raye as Nova, to create the ultimate galactic display for Marvel fans.

If you hunger for something greater, bring home the Galactus Maquette for your Marvel statue collection today!

Brand

Marvel

Manufacturer

Sideshow Collectibles

Type

Maquette

Artists

ADDITIONAL DETAILS & DIMENSIONS

Materials

Product Size

Height: 26" (660.4 mm) | Width: 14" (355.6 mm) | Depth: 13" (330.2 mm) | *

Weight

0.00 lbs (0 kg) *

• Size and weight are approximate values. Learn more

SKU

UPC

© 2021 MARVEL

3 Likes

Short statue for $900

Short can still be awesome…

Nice!
I’d remove the “flames” around his hands though. I think they’re unnecessary and look kinda fake

I actually like the flames…

1 Like

… and the apple??? :wink:

I hope at that price they send an apple with it. :wink:

1 Like

The first Galactus Maquette from Sideshow is still the one to own, that one cost less at that time ($800) ,came with light up function, and switch out faceplate, a Surfer, a Nova, and most importantly towered at 33” vs this new one at 26”. It was also made of polystone, many of the new Sideshow pieces are made of a lot of plastic (E.g. Rancor).

4 Likes

Good info.

1 Like

im waiting for the NFT

4 Likes

Don’t even put that into the universe, @Torgo!

3 Likes

“Have you ever wanted to pay hundreds of dollars for the functional equivalent of the pictures you already see above? Then we have a product for you! NFTs!” They’re like gifs or jpegs, just more expensive!” -the collective bat sh!t insanity of our world put into a punchy slogan.

2 Likes

Its insanity. I dont get it.

2 Likes

The idea of an asset has become abstracted beyond practical definition. When you start only defining things’ worth by what the sale price is, and you stop considering it’s underlying intrinsic value, you’ve lost connection to what an economy and a function society is truly about.

The person who bought the first Jack Dorsey tweet NFT gave such a half-rate bullshit answer justifying the millions spent, that it’s laughable.

“This is not just a tweet! I think years later people will realize the true value of this tweet, like the Mona Lisa painting,” Estavi tweeted Monday

Historically significant does not in and of itself equate to value.

At least modern art collectors are getting grotesque balloon animal sculptures in their foyers. Are they going to have Dorsey’s tweet bouncing around a flatscreen in their living room like the “DVD Video” screensaver? Wtf

3 Likes

There are times I feel so many aspects of this previously wonderful hobby have become an absolute racket.
But as more jump on the bandwagon; eventually any racket becomes so commonplace and entrenched we don’t even realize it is a racket anymore.

These NFTs are new and under well warranted criticism as a racket and I agree they are. But if they somehow catch hold and become commonplace and more and more entrenched in daily sales, then I guess I’ll have to be on-board too. I’m not one to leave money on the table regardless of how laughable it is. So all I can say is I’m keeping my eyes open if this takes off whether I think it’s dopey or not is not relevant.
I still think that putting a book in plastic with a number is silly. Store variants for $40 with a digitally produced cover… ugh. But it’s not what I think; it’s what everyone else thinks. I just follow the trends for business and have a whole different attitude/buying pattern for stuff I want.

1 Like

The only thing I would say is to trust your own assessment of things to a certain extent. If something seems to lack value to you, be wary of getting too invested in that class of asset. When the music ends, you don’t want to be the one holding the hot potato.

1 Like

I did trust my assessment for a long time.
Marvel Amalgam characters (Spider-Gwen, DeadGwen, DeadWhatever), Sons/Daughters/Aunts/new takes of established characters (Miles Morales, Captain Marvel with the big hand, Purple Hulks, Yellow Hulks, Immortal She-Hulks, you name it)
I thought these characters were as dumb and lazy artistic development as there could be. Boy did I miss out.

CGC in the early years - putting a comic in plastic and grading which I felt anyone who was in the hobby should have a relative competency at doing; let alone never being able to look at the book inside again without breaking - that didn’t work out for me either.

So I no longer trust my own assessments. I just do alot of reading now on board and forums and watching trends; that I seem to be better at. It’s actually worked for me.
If I see 100 people like the new Spider-Man costume, then so do I - from a selling perspective :slight_smile:

3 Likes