Phew, so I have been quiet about my pet passion project, Wookywiki.com for a while now. The reason is that it wasn’t sorting the way I wanted it to when you searched key terms. The first problem was names with apostrophes in them (Star Wars has a lot!). So, for example, when you searched Qi’ra, all the entries for Qi’ra that were in the database would not show. Well, I fixed that on the back end.
Next, I wanted things to sort chronologically. It makes sense because it’s a “first appearance” database and dates are the most relevant data points regarding that. Regardless of if the publication was a magazine, digest size book, comic, or otherwise, I wanted the search results to filter automatically into chronological order so viewers of search results could make the call for them self with the data presented in a logical way. So, I re-coded the 368 existing entries. It took forever, but now I’m so glad I did it.
So that’s the update. Pretty boring, but that’s what’s been going on. Meanwhile, I’ve been going through every single published Star Wars comic since April 1977 and I’m up to July 1979. Slow going, made slower by all that re-coding of existing entries. The work continues nonetheless!