New Variant Ratios on TFAW

Alphabetical order!!!

Rock the F&($ on!

1 Like

I have that marvel action in mine as well.

Star Wars High Republic #9 (Yu 1:25)

Not sure if still in stock or not but you can give it a whirl

Nope, canā€™t be added. :frowning:

I just got one. I am not sure how many are there.
Star Wars War Bounty Hunters Boushh #1 (Randolph Variant)

1 Like

Wish the cover art were available for all the variants (even the regulars). Many dont seem to have the art, even close to FOC. Not sure if trying to create FOMO or artist delays ā€¦

1 Like

I think delays mostly. Follow a couple artis on IG and they will be finishing up some covers the week of FOC. Look at Todd Mcfarlane hes famous for late cover art that u see him complete on IG.

Yeah, Iā€™m always struggling to figure out which Spawn cover to get; cant get them all because of costs.

I always grab a Todd Mcfarlane cover for sure.

Lately, some of the Barends covers have been great, so I have to choose; but I agree when in doubt I go with McFarlane.

How do I PM someone ? Is there a cap on the message length ?

Click their name, click ā€œMessageā€

Probably artist delays because they would sell more if it was released pre-foc.

If I was an artist who knew people were buying my cover due to my art, Iā€™d make sure that artwork is ready likely in previews to boost the sales. But then again, most of the artists have already been paid for such artwork, so itā€™s the publishers holding back. I guess maybe they want to lock in more sales prior to the art being released cause if consumers donā€™t like it, it could turn against them and lower the pre-orders.

1 Like

So if itā€™s lousy and from a popular artist, itā€™s better for them to wait. I have seen good and bad added after foc, so I figured it to be artist delays.

Thanks ! My ā€˜newbinessā€™ precedes me. I was trying to use the ā€˜Flagā€™ option under the ā€˜ā€¦ā€™ to do this. :woozy_face:

I agree some of the variant (and regular) covers suck, and some are so great. Still trying to understand, with some of the ratio covers being so good, IF these were used for regular covers, they would sell more regular copies than usual, and could make more than relying on the higher-price ratio. I am assuming here that someone at the comic publisher (Marvel, DC, etc.) is actually reviewing the covers, and then realizes they could sell more regular covers with this variant art, i.e. sell more regular copies, make more money overall than just relying on a higher priced variant. Ex. The Batgirl Middleton regular cover was great ! If this was a ratio variant, it would be rare, cost more, and be spec worthy, but would not sell a lot of the regular covers.
As of now, the only ones benefitting from this, is the stores that use a great cover as a store variant and then mark up the book significantly (hence a manufactured rarity). More props to store variants with original art.

Well, im late to the party again (ripping up and repairing my back deck and itā€™s turned into quite the time consuming project)ā€¦all I managed was creating a bunch of bookmarks to try again laterā€¦

1 Like

Going with composite or pressure treated wood?

Looks like no marvels pride rainbow cvr this week. I think we may be screwed being that this is a fairly hot book.