New Year 2023

It’s all the rage these days.

Loved him in Lost. Been trying to watch The Wire forever, just can’t find the time.

1 Like

WTF!!! Thats crazy. I just finished watching Resident Evil on Netflix… Man he was a good actor!

1 Like

Sad, but sometimes folks just die. It sucks, especially if seeing a doctor more often or such could’ve helped. I’m not saying he didn’t go to the doctor or get check-ups, just stating how lots of folks don’t and end up dying younger due to various preventable illnesses.

1 Like

R.I.P. Purdue.

Smallest team in the country (363 out of 363 teams in average height) beats a top ranked team with a 7-4 center and player of the year candidate.

Literal David and Goliath story.

3 Likes

Yep.
As long as there is the 3 point shot, any team can win.
I should know, I played for many years and it was the single thing that used to grind my gears when I played.
We’d get 2 pts with our big guys. Other team would get 3. Rinse, repeat and at the end of the day you’re way down.

1 Like

#2 team Arizona also suffered an upset by #14 Princeton. #4 Virginia lost to Furman. People had to pick almost all underdogs to win their brackets.

2 Likes

Isn’t it almost statically impossible to have perfect bracket? Like, you’re more likely to win the lottery twice?

2 Likes

Sad. RIP

1 Like

Ow. That one is going to hurt Florida for a long time…

….a long time…

1 Like

This one really hurt me. My mother and I used to watch him together all the time.

2 Likes

Gordon Lightfoot died yesterday. I cried a little over that one. I loved his music (I’m a big sucker for ‘60s & ‘70s folk music).

3 Likes

@TheRedCollar
Agreed. Here in Michigan his “Wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald” is nearly considered a state anthem.
Gives me chills whenever I hear it.
Masterful singer/talent…sad he’s gone.

For those unfamiliar with him or the song…

1 Like

I love that song! RIP.

2 Likes

Mr Syracuse. RIP.

Jim Brown was the greatest all around athlete in Syracuse University’s history, and arguably the greatest in American history. He earned 10 varsity letters at Syracuse in four different sports (basketball, football, lacrosse, and track). At 6’2", 212 lbs, with a 29" waist, Brown was bigger, faster and stronger than most every other athlete he would encounter at every level of sports.

4 Likes
1 Like

R.I.P. Punisher

That’s sad…so young. He was going to be in the limelight with the upcoming Ahsoka show as well.
R.I.P

1 Like