Nova

Which Nova do we see in the MCU? All versions of the character are selling and no one really knows for sure which it’ll be.

What does CHU think and why?

I think it could be Sam Alexander. It would give Marvel the opportunity to get a younger hero in the movies so more kids can relate…

2 Likes

I agree with Sam Alexander. I’ve been grabbing his 1st appearance when it isn’t too much money. It’s one of the few graded comics I own- I got it at a Cgc 9.6. I am hoping with Kamala Khan coming to MCU and if Sam Alexander is the Nova, that we also get Amadeus Cho- maybe even Viv.

1 Like

I think both…they will bring in Richard Rider to establish the Nova Corp history and most likely have him fall either to Galactus or Annihilus. Then the mantle will pass to Sam.

1 Like

I’m hoping both. I have a Nova 1 CGC 9.8 signed by Stan Lee and a 1:100 Bradshaw sketch variant of Marvel Point One at CGC now. I don’t plan on retiring on them, but it should be a nice profit…

1 Like

wouldnt shock me to see sam pop up in ms marvel show with a cameo. long term sam is the better spec for nova. kk, miles and sam those books are gonna be the big 3 marvel moderns

1 Like

a 1:100 9.8 sold for like 1600 last month, a raw just sold for 700. compare that to price of cm17 2nd and uf4 ratio and that 1:100 has a lot of room to grow

1 Like

Yeah, I really think Nova is under the radar with no firm announcements. We all know he is coming to the MCU - it’s just a matter of when. There aren’t many First Appearance books left at these prices with legit characters that could potentially carry their own movies/shows so I am definitely holding.

Which version are you holding? Sam Alexander or Richard Rider?

The kid version would make sense in a Disney+ show, but I think they’d need the original in the MCU to establish the character, and then maybe they could pass the mantle on…

Both.

2 Likes

Given the direction the MCU has already taken with Cap, Widow, Thor and Hawkeye, and probably Antman (mantle passing in order to keep the property fresh), I’d say you are probably spot on with your assessment.

could also see marvel doing a prequal, a movie of thanos attacking nova corp to get infinity stone. ending with nova sending his helmet to his son before thanos kills him

Richard Ryder is cooler

2 Likes