November Previews 2021 - Indie Publishers Spotlight Books

Here’s the spotlight books (and some trade/hardcovers/omnibuses) coming out of November Previews for the indie publishers like Scout Comics, AfterShock and many others…

Duel #1 (of 10) looks great. I love this concept. I’m all for in bringing back dueling to settle our differences in today’s maddening world.

Duel #1 (of 10)

Comix Tribe doesn’t put out a lot of books but Happy Hill #1 (of 5) looks like it could be entertaining. At times we’ve seen titles out of this publisher get some love on the secondary market as well.

Happy Hill #1 (of 5)

Fourth Man #1 (of 4) (Cover A - Deodato Jr) sounds like another great read. I love me some dark murder drama mystery stories.

Fourth Man #1 (of 4) (Cover B - Rahzzah) - This cover art is pure awesomeness!

Fourth Man #1 (of 4) (Cover A - Deodato Jr)

Cover of Darkness #1 (Cover A - Hiblen) has monsters in it. I’m in despite the plot not being anything ground breaking…

Cover of Darkness #1 (Cover B - McDaniel)

Cover of Darkness #1 (Cover A - Hiblen)

For the Ninja’s and Robot fans out there, Orange Blossom Monkey Clan #1 (Cover A - Klaus) expands that world. It might have me sold on the title alone, I’m a sucker for books with “monkey” in the name.

Orange Blossom Monkey Clan #1 (Cover B - Piyotycho)
Orange Blossom Monkey Clan #1 (Cover C - Gieni)
Orange Blossom Monkey Clan #1 (Cover D - Blank Sketch)

Orange Blossom Monkey Clan #1 (Cover A - Klaus)

Quad #1 (Cover A - Schaal) could be a decent read. Nothing new brought to the table of story telling but keeping us entertained lies within writing.

Quad #1 (Cover B - Santos)
Quad #1 (Cover C - Sanches)
Quad #1 (Cover D - Ferigato)

Quad #1 (Cover A - Schaal)

Until My Knuckles Bleed #1 (Cover A - Santos) could be another good one if done right since also the creator of this did Polar which is now a Netflix movie.

Until My Knuckles Bleed #1 (Cover B - Santos)
Until My Knuckles Bleed #1 (Cover C - Santos)
Until My Knuckles Bleed #1 (Cover D - Santos)
Until My Knuckles Bleed #1 (Cover E - Santos Ltd Ed)

Until My Knuckles Bleed #1 (Cover A - Santos)

Bylines in Blood #1 (Cover A - Aneke) is for those who like to read stories with a mixture of politics.

Bylines in Blood #1 (Cover A - Aneke)

Past Last Mountain #1 (of 4) (Cover A - Joyce) looks fun. Super small publisher so a lot of shops might skip over it.

Past Last Mountain #1 (of 4) (Cover B - Joyce)
Past Last Mountain #1 (of 4) (Cover C - Beck)
Past Last Mountain #1 (of 4) (Cover D - Edwards)
Past Last Mountain #1 (of 4) (Cover E - Issacs & Jensen)

Past Last Mountain #1 (of 4) (Cover A - Joyce)

Distorted #1 might be a pickup but honestly the solicitation really doesn’t tell me what type of book and story this is going to be.

Distorted #1

From Blood #1 (of 3) got me interested by mentioning ‘super powered mental patient’.

New Men #1 (of 4) (Cover A - Akande)
New Men #1 (of 4) (Cover B - Akande)

It’s the near future, and those who face death without fear are given the abilities of gods - superpowers! People are tying themselves to train tracks and running into burning buildings to gain these powers. Few succeed. Most die. Those that succeed are ‘New Men’, but they’re hunted down by the badass bounty hunter, Shade! Dive headfirst into the mind-blowing world of bio-punk superhuman action straight from amazing first-time African creators, Ayodele and Akande!

New Men #1 (of 4) (Cover A - Akande)

If you like Godzilla, you might like this one Kingjira One Shot (Cover A - Fontanili).

Kingjira One Shot (Cover A - Fontanili)