Nycc 2023

I’d just like her to sign my ASM 71 for my daughter.

Maybe another one of my other peach favs for me. Not looking to grade. Just for the PC.

Those bastards…

I’m assuming they are also doing the giant size x-men foil facsimile as well, but can’t seem to confirm this.

I had the same problem with the exclusive sign-up, but I think they were all Funko so didn’t care. I did get my badge in time to sign-up for Momoko. I don’t do signed comics but I thought my daughter would enjoy it. The ASM71 is a good one to get signed.

From Tynion’s email:

4 Likes

concept variant was 500 print run to, but its a first print, so if people are still specing on this series id go with concept

Na. Go with the 1:100 or the Ziritt variant (250 print run), the Momoko variant (400 print run), Momoko sketch variant (250 print run) or the Momoko foil variant (100 print run)

But I think the series has been over spec’ed and is not on peoples radar anymore.

People probably will buy the NYCC book because its so different from any other version.

1 Like

This is such a good series, and I really dig this idea. So many gimmicks are just retreads of what’s been done. Die cut or foil or trade/no trade or sketch or black/white… This just feels unique and very appropriate for the source material.

Now, I probably don’t want to spend $30 on this or whatever it is they want, but it’s a cool idea.

This series has an X-Files-esque TV show written all over it, and maybe of any series from the past few years, this material feels like it could be a massive hit on that media (more than SIKTC or other popular indies).

2 Likes

I mean considering what happened last year can you blame her?

1 Like

It’s so refreshing to see she cares about her fans and understands the tricks and b.s. that dealers and exhibitors pull every single damn NYCC. She knows it’s a problem and has done something about it and will continue to do so.
We, the fans, are stuck in that cow stall downstairs like sardines unable to get in until 10, while the exhibitors meander around hot artists and booths offering rare exclusives an hour earlier while already being on the show floor…

Baltimore comicon has put a serious smackdown on that and now she has. I don’t particularly like her art, but I’m a fan now. She gets it

4 Likes

If anyone can get me that department of truth book, I would greatly appreciate it.

I plan to pick one up myself, If I can get two then I’ll snag you one

1 Like

I would also take a DoT if someone can snag one.

This year she set it up so you had to reserve a spot early. All slots were reserved immediately (my wife and I clicked right when reservations were available and only she managed to get a spot).

With a reservation, she’ll sign 5 books, no
duplicates, and there is a dice roll for a chance at a remark at $60.

1 Like

Doesn’t seem like I had much of a chance.

I saw that she said to show up at her table after the scheduled signings too.

I can only go one day (if that) and I don’t want to wait hours in that line. Maybe I’ll hook up with someone who has less than 5 books they want signed. Seems unlikely though:…everyone is going to bring 5 books (except me, lol…I don’t know if I even have 5 Momoko books…I can only think of 3).

I as well would love that DoT book!

They’ll be hand numbered in the back.

Does that mean they all start at 9.0s?

If the ink runs off on your hands, could be difficult not to damage.

Bit of advice…do not put this directly against a backing board…ink will probably transfer directly to it…best to bag it with a modern bag, then insert it into a silver bag with silver board.

What I do with marvel books and their crappy paper.

https://www.marvel.com/articles/live-events/marvel-2023-new-york-comic-con-booth-schedules-signings-merchandise-giveaways

Marvel Panel Giveaways (while supplies last)

On Thursday, October 12, attendees at the Avengers Assemble: A This Week in Marvel Special Event panel will walk away with a color-focus Avengers #5 variant by Stuart Immonen, as Scarlet Witch battles the deadliest member of the Ashen Combine.

At the MARVEL: Amazing Spider-Man - Gang War panel on Friday, October 13, attendees will receive a sketch variant of the NYCC 2023 program guide on the cover of Amazing Spider-Man #35 by Mahmud Asrar.

Then, on Saturday, October 14, attendees at the Marvel Fanfare with C.B. Cebulski will receive a G.O.D.S. #1 design variant by Valerio Schiti!

cover not revealed yet :arrow_down:
Shortly after that on Saturday, October 14, attendees at the MARVEL: Next Big Thing panel will receive a secret Avengers #6 variant cover by Leinil Francis Yu featuring [CLASSIFIED]!

And finally, on Sunday, October 15, Women of Marvel panel attendees will get a color-focus sketch variant of Ms. Marvel: The New Mutant #2 by Sara Pichelli.

Marvel Unlimited
Marvel Unlimited+ subscribers who visit the Marvel Booth will receive a copy of Nao Fuji’s INVINCIBLE IRON MAN #10 variant featuring Jeff the Landshark as the ring bearer at the wedding of Emma Frost and Tony Stark! To redeem the comic, fans must come to the Marvel booth (#2153) at the Marvel Unlimited section and show their Marvel Unlimited membership plan screen from Marvel.com or order confirmation for a Marvel Unlimited Annual Plus membership. One comic per member, comics are available while supplies last.

2 Likes

That Cebulski screwed me over big time in SDCC.

Attended that Marvel panel that was shorted books on Saturday. And I mean seriously shorted books. Not just “while supplies last”. Half the damn room didn’t get books.

2 Likes

I wish I was attending Saturday to get that GODS cover. The Fuji cover is a nice consolation. Last year they were pretty generous with handing out the Marvel Unlimited+ freebie.

1 Like